VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. In Subtitle Edit, how can I replace something only in selected lines, not the whole subtitles?
    I want to delete every "." in some selected lines.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just highlight the lines manually, usual control key select as in Windows text files then "find and replace"
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    Just highlight the lines manually, usual control key select as in Windows text files then "find and replace"
    I did that and it replaced the whole thing, as if I had selected all the lines.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    In Subtitle Edit go to EDIT menu and select Replace. Then your "." (without the quotes of course) and hit the replace button, not the replace all. Leave the field Replace with blank. Do this for each line. There is a menu item under EDIT called Multiple Replace, look up the help file for setting that up but I suspect you will have to do it manually. Never had to do it so haven't explored. It works quite well I removed ( from the first, third and twelfth lines of a subtitle file I have .
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    In Subtitle Edit go to EDIT menu and select Replace. Then your "." (without the quotes of course) and hit the replace button, not the replace all. Leave the field Replace with blank. Do this for each line. There is a menu item under EDIT called Multiple Replace, look up the help file for setting that up but I suspect you will have to do it manually. Never had to do it so haven't explored. It works quite well I removed ( from the first, third and twelfth lines of a subtitle file I have .
    It will be easy if they are just a few lines, but they are over 500 lines. I thought there must be a way to do that just one time for all of them.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It would seem you are going to select those 500 lines manually anyway unless they are in a contiguous block. So how many lines altogether? It *might* be easier to do the whole subtitle file and then add back in where you need "." ? Posible in the Multiple Replace there is a way you can write a rule?
    Quote Quote  
  7. I solved it by copying the selected lines to another empty file, then did the replace, and then I copied the lines back
    Quote Quote