VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Using AVStoDVD, I converted an AVI file to MPG for the purpose of burning a DVD with TMPGEnc Authoring Works 6.

When played with Media Player or VLC Media Player and when played within TMPGEnc, the MPG file itself displays properly at 4:3 aspect ratio.
    But when authoring and output are complete, the resulting DVD file displays at 16:9 aspect ratio (squashed down from the top and up from the bottom).
    I've pored over the TMPGE settings, but I can't find anything that would seem to apply to this situation.
    Is there a fix for this situation?

Or is the problem with the original conversion from AVI to MPG?

I don't know yet for sure, but I seem to have deleted (or misplaced) the original AVI file.
    If I locate the original AVI file, what is the fix, if any?

Also, will the latest version of GSpot (which is quite old) work in Windows 7?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Almost certainly the problem occurred at the authoring stage.
    You can check the original mpg in mediainfo, it should say, under video stream,720*480 (4:3)

Here's an example
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	minfo.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	47517  

Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by ibzomie View Post
    Using AVStoDVD, I converted an AVI file to MPG for the purpose of burning a DVD with TMPGEnc Authoring Works 6.
    Why go to the trouble of AVStoDVD when you can input AVI directly to TMPGenc?

I don't know yet for sure, but I seem to have deleted (or misplaced) the original AVI file.
    If I locate the original AVI file, what is the fix, if any?
    A short sample from the original might help, if the original AVI had problems to begin with. If you have the video that AVStoDVD encoded to MPEG, a short sample from that might also help. Use DGIndex to make an M2v video sample from an MPEG encode. https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/359295-Record-without-interlacing?p=2272359&viewfu...=1#post2272359

Also, will the latest version of GSpot (which is quite old) work in Windows 7?
    It should, but it might not integrate properly into your desktop context menu feature and you'll have to manually make a desktop shortcut for it.
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote