VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, i have a big problem and i did not find any solution for it(or i am not good searcher)
    my CPU is "Intel Xeon COU E5-2695 V4 @ 2.10 GHz - 2 Sockets" when i am encoding sth i am getting about 105 FPS for pass 1 (slow first pass is off) and for the pass 2 sometimes is the same but usually 90 FPS to 105 FPS (cpu is working about 10 percent) - i couldnt use more power for one encode so i started to encode in synchronic way but here is the problem when i am encoding about 6 or more the cpu will work in 60 percent and with more encode maybe cpu work in 80 percent or 100 but it is unstable (cpu percent dropping from 100 to 0 then again 80 then 40 then 100 then 0) i do not know what is wrong with it ( in synchronic way i am getting 120 fps for one and for the rest 20 to 80 fps)

please help me with this problem - and please how can i get more power from cpu for one encode or even more encode(and how can i divide the power between the encodes)
    Quote Quote  
  2. You are probably becoming disk bound when performing a large number of simultaneous encodings.

Why are you getting only 10 percent CPU usage with a single encoding? Most modern encoders are well multithreaded and should be able to use much more of your CPU(s) with a single encoding.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    You are probably becoming disk bound when performing a large number of simultaneous encodings.

Why are you getting only 10 percent CPU usage with a single encoding? Most modern encoders are well multithreaded and should be able to use much more of your CPU(s) with a single encoding.
    Ok, i got some more tests but even with one encoding at a time i have the same problem (cpu is unstable and dropping rapidly but in x264 the speed is the same 120 to 160)
    in encoding setting by default the threads is different (32,34,22,17,15,... i have 72 logical cores) i do not know why but i think it is bcz of i am encoding in synchronic way, is specifing threads helpful??

and for the question i thinked the x264 is limit in using threads bcz it is a 36 core and 72 logical and x264 doesnt support more threads , actully i dont know
    Quote Quote