VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. What would cause a lexmark pro205 wireless printer, to only print 5 items, before it needs to be manually unplugged and restarted, before it will print again? The printer will print on average, 5 things, then not print. I will have to unplug it and replug it, let it boot up and continue printing. Windows 10 is the OS.

This only happens with the Asus laptop but not the Lenovo laptop. Yes, all drivers up to date.
    Last edited by jyeh74; 18th Dec 2018 at 03:03.
    Quote Quote  
  2. firewall issue maybe (try to disable it while printing) or drivers related is what i think( sometimes old drivers are best)
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jyeh74 View Post
    What would cause a lexmark pro205 wireless printer, to only print 5 items, before it needs to be manually unplugged and restarted, before it will print again? The printer will print on average, 5 things, then not print. I will have to unplug it and replug it, let it boot up and continue printing. Windows 10 is the OS.

This only happens with the Asus laptop but not the Lenovo laptop. Yes, all drivers up to date.
    how do you have the printer hooked up ??
    wired or wireless ?? if wireless the printer maybe loosing a connection with the computer.
    try checking your power save or sleep settings.
    Quote Quote  
  4. All wireless settings
    Quote Quote  
  5. Seen this before, both times driver related, once used older driver, once had to wait for newer driver.

Both of these and ALL wireless printing issues solved easily and permanently using a wired connection.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I have two wireless printers, Epson WF-2760 and a Epson Artisan 625

My wireless laptops are connected to my wireless router and that is directly wired to the printers with a CAT 5E cable. Never any dropouts or problems.
    My other PCs are wired to the router, switches and then to the printer. Going wireless directly to several wireless printers in the past has been problematic at times.

So my advice, don't go wireless to the printer directly if you can avoid it.

Beyond that, if you have to go wireless directly, completely reset the printers wireless settings along with using the newest or 'best' drivers with your laptop.
    I do this with a temporary CAT cable as setting up wireless over a wireless connection has caused problems for me.

Or you can do this with the printers info panel, if it displays all the needed settings.
    Use a set address for the printer, not DHCP assigned address to help keep the printer from switching addresses.

This has always worked reliably for me.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There is a setting somtimes in the printer that allows bi-directional communication. If not checked causes communications to work incorrectly with this symptom as well as not clearing from queue, etc
    Quote Quote