VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    I came across these two models of broadcast TBC's doing an online search and one feature caught my attention, They claim to have an option to grab the digitized video after applying the processing and corrections such as TBC and DNR without having to convert back to analog, The devices appear to have S-Video and analog audio in for sources like VHS or Video8. Not only it is good to eliminate an extra step (converting back to analog) but the processor also serves as a video capture device.
    I believe the video/audio digital out could be the firewire port or the digital SDI.
    Anyone used such devices?

Click image for larger version

Name:	dps575.pdf
Views:	618
Size:	4.33 MB
ID:	47487
    Last edited by dellsam34; 14th Dec 2018 at 04:05.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have several of these units. I believe it will do what you are suggesting, but only with the SDI output. I have purchased 6 of these units used over the last few years and none of them included the DV option board. All of these units have the firewire port but it doesn't do anything unless the DV board is installed. Also the audio functions are on another option board. Many of the units I've seen for sale include this board, but not all of them. You can easily tell if the audio option is present by looking at the rear of the unit. On the left side of the rear panel there are 2 'barrier strip' connectors labeled Channel 1 and Channel 2. If you see the connectors then you have the audio board. If you see empty slots or covered slots or no slots at all, then the audio option board is not there. There's also a newer model called the X75 that has a 6-pin firewire connector labeled 'DV'. As far as I can tell from studying the documentation, that port has no function at all. If you find an extra DV board or a unit for sale with the DV option, I'd love to get my hands on one. Let me know.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Since that post I found the BE75 and I've been using it ever since, Small footprint and very effective.
    Quote Quote