VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is there a method to remove the voice alone while keeping the background music? I want to keep the song as a karaoke version so to sing along and record. I found some videos in youtube, to remove vocal in a song using audacity, but, they didn't work. Is it possible technically to get the music alone?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by shans View Post
    Is there a method to remove the voice alone while keeping the background music? I want to keep the song as a karaoke version so to sing along and record. I found some videos in youtube, to remove vocal in a song using audacity, but, they didn't work. Is it possible technically to get the music alone?
    If inverting one channel and downmixing to mono didn't work in Audacity there is probably no way to remove the vocals. One variation that might work if the singer is off center is to adjust the amplitude of the channels so that the singer's voice is equally loud on both channels, then invert and downmix.
    Last edited by jagabo; 12th Dec 2018 at 19:18.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by shans View Post
    If inverting one channel and downmixing to mono didn't work in Audacity there is probably no way to remove the vocals. One variation that might work if the singer is off center is to adjust the amplitude of the channels so that the singer's voice is equally loud on both channels, then invert and downmix.
    Thanks jagabo. This thread leads to several old similar threads. I will go through them and find out more stuff.
    Quote Quote  
  4. You can find karaoke versions of many songs online. Very little need to roll your own.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    You can find karaoke versions of many songs online. Very little need to roll your own.
    Most karaoke tracks are not by the original artist though and are therefore crappy in comparison.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Like this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVJwZoUdV14

Or maybe this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcDCdUlE4fM

If it is the case, you need some DSP muscles to handle it, Audacity, Adobe Audition and other audio edition tools won't do it.
    Quote Quote