VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello I am looking for some help with the VSDC editor hopefully from an experienced user. I am editing a video with an added audio file, my question is, how would I cut out middle fragments of the video file and also cut the audio file along with it, so that the sync will still match the edited video. I normally use the split tool to cut the front or back of the Audio & Video but I need to cut out fragments in the middle of the video and have the audio track cut at the same time, Could anyone explain the procedure? as I am not a highly experienced video editor!
    Last edited by FL-Artist; 13th Dec 2018 at 07:52.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm also fairly new to editing.

I have had some success with the freeware program Lossless Cut.

Joyshare Media Cutter seems even more fine tuned.

It is not free, but the trial version allows for five fully functional operations before you have to pay for anything.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I will check it out! Thanks ...does it accept audio files as well as video files?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I just tried loading some mp3s into each of them to check for you. And they played, just like they played the video files that I know they can cut. so I would assume they could cut them as well.

If not, here's an Audio & Mp3 Cutter you can use online that is free and does not require any software installation.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks solkap I appreciate the Help! ...these look like good programs!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Ok, am I missing something? If you have the audio file synched in the tack below the video file and make the cut on the video file isn't it going to cut the audio file at the same place at the same time?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes matonanjin ..that is correct! but I was using the Cut tool and I think I might be able to do it right by using the splitter tool instead! ..I have been successful with cutting the front or back of videos with the splitter, but the cutter must be highlighted for middle cuts! and I couldn't figure out how to do the identical time cut on the audio, as they don't cut simultaneously, In VSDC the external audio file & Video file never actually connect you only turn off the video's audio track, and then you must cut the extra audio track separately! As I mentioned in my original post, I am very new to editing so it may just be that I don't exactly know what I'm doing yet!
    Last edited by FL-Artist; 20th Dec 2018 at 22:13.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Edit: Posted to the wrong thread. Please ignore. Apologies.
    Quote Quote  
  9. You, I trust, have seen these tutorials on VSDC?:

This guy has a good 30 minute or so introductory tutorial on VSDC : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0GK5o8j6LY&t=892s

And there is this series of tutorials on VSDC. This link is to lesson 8:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIIT2LIi7PY

I am every bit as new as you when it comes to video editing. As you may have seen from my other post I'm trying to decide which software to go with. I think I have it narrowed down to either VSDC or OpenShot.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes I have all those Videos saved! I think I just have to keep playing around with this Editor, until I can fully understand all it's functions! ...VSDC support told me I should be able to do that operation without a problem, when I wrote them on their Facebook page! Thanks for all your Help though! John
    Quote Quote  
  11. John, good luck to you learning it. I have largely decided on going with OpenShot for my needs. I played with both of them and, for what reason I don't know, I'm more comfortable with the interface on OpenShot. At our stage of learning it probably doesn't make much difference which one we start with. It's more a matter of learning it thoroughly and the basic concepts of video editing and how to use that particular tool to master those concepts.

My wife and I will be in your neighborhood in a couple months. Leaving out of Miami on a cruise to Grand Cayman. I should have some video to play with after that!!!!!!

Best holiday wishes.
    Quote Quote