VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Software required: GRAPHEDIT / LATEST OGGDS filter pack.

Below is a quick and nasty explanation of what to do….

1. Install the latest OGGDS filter version 0.9.9.0

2. Launch GraphEdit and use RENDER MEDIA FILE to load the ogm file.

Here goes..

Initially this is what will appear…

yourfile.ogm -> ogg Splitter video(0)-> codec video decoder -> video

audio(1)-> vorbis decoder -> sound

Remove the video decoder, video render, stream switcher and default direct sound. Leave the vorbis decoder there.

This is what you should have at this point. (I should point out that my test movie was First Men In The Moon – how sad is that!)

Click on the “blue rectangular” icon / filter box and choose DIRECTSHOW Filters.

Pick AVI Mux, and File Writer (that will ask you to name what your final avi file will be called – in this case MOON.AVI

You will also need to add the MP3 filter from the AUDIO COMPRESSOR filters (the final avi file would be HUGE otherwise).

Remove all connections using the icon next to the blue rectangle (best way to describe it)

Let’s now marry up those boxes as shown below..

Press the green play button and wait for the AVI to finish – it will take a while!

The AVI file can now be converted as per your other excellent guide i.e VIRTUALDUB to extract the audio and then TMPENC to marry them up.

Hope I’ve been on some help.

Guide made by Andy Morrison
    Quote Quote  
  2. Thanks for the guide. If nothing else, I found out about GraphEdit. I gave it a try, but ended up with out-of-synch audio. Any ideas, hints, etc as to why? The original is in synch, and is encoded with Xvid/Ogg
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The reason the audio is out of sync when you get finished is because you have to set the interleaving to full.

Right-click on the avi mux filter and click properties

in the first tab there's radio buttons for interleaving, you have to choose full...
    Quote Quote  
  4. I followed the above instructions, and after converting about 5 minutes of the movie, the process aborted with the following message: "The graph could not change state. The sample start time is after the sample end time"

Any idea what might cause this problem?
    Quote Quote  
  5. I tried the procedure usuing Graphedit and it worked execpt the sound was out sync. Then just with the ogg/ogm direct show filters installed I used TMPGE plus on the OGG file and made a vcd the worked fine. No errors and it took normal amount of time and the sound was in sysc. So whats the advantge of usuing graphedit.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When I first tried this, the process halted before completion with an error message. I then modified the process slightly by doing the video and audio separately. I created a soundless avi, and then an uncompressed wav file. These, when fed into TMPGEnc, produced a perfectly in-sync. VCD.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I got the same error message as simonsez: "the graph could not change state. the sample start time is after the sample end time". How do you fix this?
    Quote Quote  
  8. The only thing I've ever done with those types of movies has been:
    1. Change the extension to .avi
    2. Decompress, only the audio with avi2vcd
    3. Use tmpegenc to encode to vcd

Works every time with no synch problems at all...need to have all the filters and codecs installed etc...but alot of posters are including them in their posts as a support folder.
    you may need to boost the priority in the environmental settings/VFAPI Plug-in...not too sure, but mine is set at 2 for Direct Show Multi media (don't remember why I changed it but there WAS a reason...lol), 2 for TMPEGEnc Project File reader(never changed that one) and 0 for all the others...Not sure if this has anything to do with it but thought I should mention it anyways...

Give it a shot!

Jimy_T
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Check out this link http://cvrr.ucsd.edu/~tbhall/asst/WMVtoAVI.html, It should help you guys out.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I, too, experienced the "cannot modify graph error" you guys reported. I have found this is because of the conversion from vorbis to mp3 (the mp3 filter in the above example). If you delete the mp3 filter and go directly pcm (from the vorbis decoder) to the avi mux, it will complete and you can use a program like virtualdub to convert the wav data in your new .avi file to mp3. It shouldn't error out like this, I take it there is a bug somewhere.

I haven't noticed any out of sync audio with the pcm audio. The reason I converted from divx/vorbis .ogm, to divx/mp3 (or pcm in this case) avi is so I can edit the videos in virtualdub (resize them to 320x240 for example) and also because .ogm divx/vorbis needs more cpu power than I have (audio is way out of sync with video on my very slow computer).

Sigh. I'll never upgrade this Celeron. I don't care if I have to convert every file I download to 320x240 divx3.11/mp3. I wish people would realize not everyone has a gigahertz machine.

Finally, thank you very VERY VERY much for this fantastic guide. Without this guide there would be no way in hell I'd be watching this perfectly in sync episode of ranma 1/2 anime right now (because graphedit looked like a virtual circuitboard nightmare when I first loaded it up). I appreciate this guide very much and am afraid to admit I almost understand graphedit now.

anon1978@hotmail.com
    anonymous anonymous
    Quote Quote  
  11. I tried ogg movies to vcd using graphedit unfortunately I come across a stand still. I am trying to convert The Others and I followed the guide. But when it's time to add filters the window won't open. I clicked on the blue icon and I also tried by going to "graph" and open the filter window from there but nothing happens. I checked to make sure that I had the filters and I do. Please help. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  12. "The graph could not change state. The sample start time is after the sample end time"

If you have this error use "Windows Media Audio V2" from the AUDIO COMPRESSOR filters!

It works better than MPEG-layer 3 !!!

Good luck
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The method I mentioned above should work, dealing with audio and video separately.

AUDIO
    input.ogm>>ogg splitter>>vorbis decompressor>>wav dest >>filewriter (output.wav)

VIDEO
    input.ogm>>ogg splitter>>avi mux>> filewriter(output.avi)
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search PM
    Hi

I changed the Filter to "Full".

1. Graphedit froze, couldn't complete the movie conversion

2. I still had sync issues.

HELP!!

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  15. I tried grafed by clicking on the blue rect... button happens nothing.. what did i do wrong ??
    never surrender - never give up
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    All I can say is that I have used the setup in my previous post several times with no problem. Bear in mind that the wav file extracted can be around 1GB, and Graphedit probably needs temporary working space as well. If you don't have ample HD space, the procedure will fail, and it won't necessarily tell you why. 8)
    Quote Quote  
  17. all works out fine, but how do i get subtitles that are muxed into the ogm ????? baldrick ??? anyone ??????? what filters do i have to use ?
    Quote Quote  
  18. render file, okay, than insert filters (blue button) nothing happens no filters to choose???? does graphedit need special filters ??? plugins ? my free space on my hd is over 10 giga.....
    never surrender - never give up
    Quote Quote  
  19. When I click on play, it goes for about 30 seconds and then a message pops up that says "Out of memory" and it only outputs a 5mb .avi file

I have 25 free gigs on the hard drive, so I know that can't be the problem, but I dont know what it is then? Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Jimy_T
    The only thing I've ever done with those types of movies has been:
    1. Change the extension to .avi
    2. Decompress, only the audio with avi2vcd
    3. Use tmpegenc to encode to vcd

Works every time with no synch problems at all...need to have all the filters and codecs installed etc...but alot of posters are including them in their posts as a support folder.
    you may need to boost the priority in the environmental settings/VFAPI Plug-in...not too sure, but mine is set at 2 for Direct Show Multi media (don't remember why I changed it but there WAS a reason...lol), 2 for TMPEGEnc Project File reader(never changed that one) and 0 for all the others...Not sure if this has anything to do with it but thought I should mention it anyways...

Give it a shot!

Jimy_T
    I did this, but using the separate decompress.exe that comes with avi2mpg. It wouldn't work at first, but then I reinstalled the OGG/OGM codecs and it worked fine. Anyway, when I decompressed the audio, it created a completely new .avi file that included both the video and a bloated decompressed audio track, for 90 minutes worth of video it created an .avi that was almost 1.9GB. I loaded up TMPGenc and pointed both video and audio to this new .avi file, and it converted it to an mpg2 file without a problem. Used Nero to create SVCDs with the newly created mpg2 files, watched them on my standalone player, and all is right with the world. So all in all, this seems to be a quicker approach to converting .ogm files and it works under Windows XP, which I could never get GraphEdit to do.
    Quote Quote  
  21. I have 3 oggs which I want to ultimately convert to svcd's

I've followed the detailed and excellent instructions on this page but the audio is out of sync.

I read that others had this problem so I tried their suggestions too.

I've tried everything I know (and all i've found) but I still cannot get them in sync.

On my first try with Graphedit the audio started out 1.5 second delayed.

I then stripped the audio to a wav and the divx avi part only.

I tried to combine with other tools but still I had the delay.

I then put the wav into cooledit and stripped the first 1.504 seconds of silence.

This seemed to work at first as it was now in sync. however by the end of the file it was well out of sync again.

I've done full interleaving on the avi mux option (as suggested) but that didn't work.

I'm now stuck. Anyone have any suggestions? (polite only please) hehe

cheers
    Quote Quote  
  22. My problem with OGM was that I cold load it into TMPGEnc but got distorted audio (you can 'pre-check' this by going to sourcerange with the option show audio).

I was about to try Graphedit when I saw the message saying that you'd just had to decompress the audio with AVI2VCD.

Did that, seems to work like a charm. Havent decoded yet but the audio looked good in both the sourcerange and the edit audio windows.

Thanks a lot for the wonderful tip!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The original method is generally sound. However, I find it more reliable to deal with the audio and video separately.

Extract the *avi*.
    input.ogm>ogg splitter>avi mux>filewriter(output.avi)

Extract the audio.
    input.ogm>ogg splitter>vorbis decompressor> wav dest>filewriter(output.wav)
    Quote Quote  
  24. Thanks for the guide, incredibly easy to OGM <-> AVI only taking the needed streams out of the container though i guess.

Works for me and i now know about graphedit also

Edit <-> Ive worked out subtitles and incorporated them into the end AVI in sync etc. problem is it seems that to render the subtitles the video stream needs to be decompressed first which of course means it needs to be re-compressed on the other end before it is saved as the final AVI (Otherwise the file size is just too huge) This unfortunately leads to a serious quality loss

has anyone found a better way of doing it ?
    thanks
    The Hellsing family will purify this world...
    Quote Quote  
  25. So how are you suppose to extract the subtitles anyway?

Is there some kind of Directshow filter to make an .idx file for vobsob?
    Quote Quote  
  26. Okay, this has probably been asked somewhere amoungst the multitudes of forums on this site... If it has, my apologies, but specific questions can be hard to find on here. When I used the Graphedit program, it worked just fine, but i found that the video file became glitched with blocks at times. I have noticed this a lot when converting things to vcd or svcd. What causes this, and what is the best way to prevent it? Thanks for the help.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hey, can someone please tell me where i can get GRAPHEDIT because I checked in the tools section here and it sent me to dvd digest and all the links it gave me are crap and the homepage is microsoft and I cant find anything there either, or on the net. so can someone tell me somewhere i can find it?
    Quote Quote  
  28. Have you guys tried out my OGM to SVCD with Multiple Audio tracks & Selectable Subtitles guide...?

https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=170944

I would really like to know if someone got a successful conversion*
    Check out my guide on converting .OGM format to an SVCD with Selectable Subtitles and Multiple Audio tracks.

https://www.videohelp.com/forum/userguides/170944.php
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    How long does it take to encode the video only? Will the AVI size be the same as the original file? Also, my OGM has 2 audio tracks and I only want one. How do I extract that audio? After encoding the video in TMPGEnc, how do I add the audio to it?

Edit: Ok, the video-only conversion took a few minutes. But I can't get how you convert the audio only. You said:

input.ogm>ogg splitter>vorbis decompressor>wav dest>file writer

By Vorbis Decompressor, do you mean "vorbis decoder"? And where is this "wav dest"? Where do I put the MP3 thing in like in the guide? And also note that I only want one of the audio tracks so how can I choose?
    Quote Quote  
  30. Are you refering to my guide...? 8)
    Check out my guide on converting .OGM format to an SVCD with Selectable Subtitles and Multiple Audio tracks.

https://www.videohelp.com/forum/userguides/170944.php
    Quote Quote