VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello guys. Im not sure if this is the right place but i need help.

I was driving when i got hit by another car. After that he drove away from the crime place. I didn't see hes registration plate.
    However i have a dash camera. But i can not see the registration plate on the video. It was dark and rainy.

It was hes foult 100% and he did a lot of damage on my new car.

I uploaded 2 videos. On one you can see the hit. On the second one is from bit early whe he is standing beside me i next line. He is standing behind the van. (First car on the left when the video starts.)
    I would be so thankfull, if someone has time and skills to get the registration plate from the car.

If it helps, this happend in FREIBURG Germany.
    If the driver lives in Freiburg, then in beginning of the registration plate should be "FR"

THANKS!
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Unfortunately there is not enough detail, the resolution of the video is too low
    Quote Quote  
  3. One identifier his car has is a big dent in the side. Local Police or repair shops may be able to help. But you'll never get the tag from that video.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    So many people get a dashcam and assume it will capture license plate detail without testing it. "Computer: enhance!" is only in the movies.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Didn't look yet...
    But, those clips may at least support a claim with insurance that it was a hit & run perpetrated by someone else, which may expedite your claim resolution (new car, you have warranty + insurance, right?).

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by JVRaines View Post
    So many people get a dashcam and assume it will capture license plate detail without testing it. "Computer: enhance!" is only in the movies.
    Yeah i know.. in day light is good.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Didn't look yet...
    But, those clips may at least support a claim with insurance that it was a hit & run perpetrated by someone else, which may expedite your claim resolution (new car, you have warranty + insurance, right?).

Scott
    Yeah i have full insurance. But sometimes they want police raport from incidents and so on. Many peopple fake it for insurance scam. They can even claim that the video isnt even my, you know the insurance will do everything to avoid paying.

I have meeting in wendesday, will see how will it go
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by JVRaines View Post
    I just got it. And im not good with this kind off stuff. That's why i came here and asked for help.But thank you anyway
    Quote Quote  
  9. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    My dash cam is captures at 1920 X 1080 (2K), but barely captures license plates.
    Your shots were during rain, so that makes it even harder to distinguish plates.
    4K cameras are available now. But you need to keep your windscreen clean and keep your wipers in good condition.

At least I hope you can show your insurance company with that video that the damage was not your fault.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Resolution too low, too bright registration plate... (high dynamic required) - police should be able to help you - they can have access to CCTV cameras from roads and perhaps other places (shops, restaurants etc)...
    Quote Quote