VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I recently bought a 'MICCA Spec 1 G2 media player. I doesent play *.iso's, but will (it sez) MKV files. I have mostly movies saved to iso images, all with subtitles, (<- this is important!), and would like to convert (some of) them to MKV. Some are movie only & some are full disk rips. Which converter would be the best for me? Preferably free!

This Micca is much better than my WD TV303D which has been back in its box for a few years. About equal to my Dune player, which the Dune has a swappable 2.5 hdd tray. I still prefer my Argosy player but this Micca is sooo small its perfect for a portable player. (I can put the player, remote, 5v psu, all cables, & a usb 2.5 hdd in one "cargo pants" pocket.

Anyways, can I get suggestions?

(In the software section, I couldnt figure out any which would 'fill the bill' for me)

-corne-
    Yes, no, maybe, I don't know, Can you repeat the question?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    MakeMKV will do what you want. Super easy to use and it's currently free.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    SaurusX:

Thanks!!

I tried this : mkvtoolnix-64-bit-28.2.0.7z inc newer & older & 32bit & 64 bit. No instructions at all, (that I could find), installed but NO help

I shoulda mentioned this in 1st post.

I will try MakeMKV, , , , ,
    Last edited by cornemuse; 10th Dec 2018 at 15:22. Reason: feng shui
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MakeMKV is great, but understand that you'll lose the menus on the full DVDs and each video (e.g. extras, or individual episodes) will be a separate file.

You might try extracting the VIDEO_TS file and click on the .ifo file access the menu and videos. It's possible it may work, but unikely.

Interesting that the Spec doesn't support .iso. If it continues to be an issue, Micca's MPlay-HD lists playing DVD and Blu-Ray .iso as a feature. There are some apps that claim to be able to play .iso on Android, but I haven't come across anything that works well.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The 'MakeMKV' works ok. 'Nother thing, the Spec claims to play dvd folders, but apparently not movie dvd folders. However, it will play DVD's with a usb cdrom unit. (claimed in specs, have not tried this yet)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by lingyi View Post
    You might try extracting the VIDEO_TS file and click on the .ifo file access the menu and videos. It's possible it may work, but unikely.
    This is my vote. The Speck claims to play VOB files.
    Quote Quote