Searching the archives for "icecast streaming record" returned no hits, so here goes.
I'd like to record an Icecast stream that looks like this:
Is there a no-brainer, free Windows application that can play and record that Icecast stream?Code:https://icecast.acme.com:8444/somestream_ogg
I tried the following, all to no avail:
- Screamer Radio 2018-09-23: Recording feature removed in new version!
- streamWriter 188.8.131.52: Couldn't play (no sound; "Waiting, Connecting, Connected, Waiting, etc.")
- VLC: Several steps, and could record but not play at the same time
- ffmpeg.exe -y -i https://icecast.acme.com:8444/somestream_ogg icecast.test.ogg : Doesn't play while recording; Diplays lots of error messages ("Non-monotonous DTS in output stream 0:0; previous: 337344, current: 337280; changing to 337344. This may result in incorrect timestamps in the output file. [libvorbis @ 064d2980] Queue input is backward in time"
- StationRipper 2.99.1 for Windows: Open-source; So-so UI; Froze
- AbyssMedia: "i-Sound WMA MP3 Recorder Pro" and "Streaming Audio Recorder" are commercial
- RadioSure: Commercial
- TapinRadio: Commercial
Edit: I haven't found a free Windows app that can play and record a stream, but as shown below, Foobar2000 can play, and call StreamRipper to record the stream:
In my personal case, StreamRipper fails accessing the stream ("error -39 [HTTP:400 Bad Request ]"), but that's another story.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Last edited by yetanotherlogin; 15th Dec 2018 at 22:07.