Searching the archives for "icecast streaming record" returned no hits, so here goes.
I'd like to record an Icecast stream that looks like this:
Is there a no-brainer, free Windows application that can play and record that Icecast stream?Code:https://icecast.acme.com:8444/somestream_ogg
I tried the following, all to no avail:
- Screamer Radio 2018-09-23: Recording feature removed in new version!
- streamWriter 220.127.116.11: Couldn't play (no sound; "Waiting, Connecting, Connected, Waiting, etc.")
- VLC: Several steps, and could record but not play at the same time
- ffmpeg.exe -y -i https://icecast.acme.com:8444/somestream_ogg icecast.test.ogg : Doesn't play while recording; Diplays lots of error messages ("Non-monotonous DTS in output stream 0:0; previous: 337344, current: 337280; changing to 337344. This may result in incorrect timestamps in the output file. [libvorbis @ 064d2980] Queue input is backward in time"
- StationRipper 2.99.1 for Windows: Open-source; So-so UI; Froze
- AbyssMedia: "i-Sound WMA MP3 Recorder Pro" and "Streaming Audio Recorder" are commercial
- RadioSure: Commercial
- TapinRadio: Commercial
Edit: I haven't found a free Windows app that can play and record a stream, but as shown below, Foobar2000 can play, and call StreamRipper to record the stream:
In my personal case, StreamRipper fails accessing the stream ("error -39 [HTTP:400 Bad Request ]"), but that's another story.
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or try DVDFab and copy, convert or make Blu-rays and DVDs! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Last edited by yetanotherlogin; 15th Dec 2018 at 23:07.