VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a video with out of sync subtitles. When the audio profile is generated it bears no recognizable relation to the audio. I cannot find how to regenerate the profile, it seems to have been saved and reloads automatically when the srt file is opened. I have updated to the latest subtitle edit, k lite full and vlc with no change. Could it be that the file is mkv 720p - x265 hevc 10bit heaac 2.0 encoded?

Also after the updates I cannot find how to enable current subtitle highlighting in the list view tab, when moving through the video the highlight (actually larger text, not coloured) remains on the first subtitle.

Any help on these issues will be much appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Post a MediaInfo report on the video file. Are you sure the srt is the same fps as the video?
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your reply.

Regards my last question, I missed ticking the 'Select current subtitle while playing' on the Adjust tab. Solved.

Not sure if the issue has been understood properly, the problem is the audio profile generated from the video displayed by Subtitle edit does not correspond with the audio heard in playback when adjusting the timing of the subtitles. I have reinstalled subtitle edit, k-lite full and vlc again, did not help. I do not know where subtitle edit stores the audio profile between runs. If I knew I would delete it and force it to generate a new profile which may be of interest. Please find attached a MediaInfo report of the offending video.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	MediaInfo.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	374.4 KB
ID:	47433  

Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What is the purpose of the audio profile? Is it some kind of visualization that helps with the sync?
    I've synced plenty of subs, but never used such a tool
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You got it
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OK, I installed it and took a look myself:
    The "audio profile" is stored in \SubtitleEdit-3.5.7\Waveforms
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for taking the trouble to install and check it out. I must be missing something. I can find no \SubtitleEdit-3.5.7\Waveforms in the win7 64 bit Program Files\Subtitle Edit folder. I also searched for Waveforms on the C drive and came up with nothing. I checked Documents and Settings\All Users, Default, My own account, Default User is not accessible.

What is the full path on your machine?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Unfortunately the full path will not help you since I used the portable Subtitle Edit and it's one of the folders off of that.
    If you installed yours in Windows 7 64 bit, it will probably be in \program files (x86)\ ....
    or possibly \users\your_user\appdata\local\ ...
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can clear the saved waveforms via Options -> Settings -> Tools -> waveform - "Empty spectrogram and waveform folder" + restart SE.
    (when using the installer version, the waveform folder is something like "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Subtitle Edit\Waveforms")

If the waveform is still out-of-sync try using "FFmpeg" for generating the wavform (same window) or convert the video to an mp4 file with e.g. Handbrake and then generate the waveform again.
    Last edited by Nikse; 17th Dec 2018 at 15:29.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you Nikse I was able to clear it in the options menu, the wave form regenerated and is in now in sync, Perfect, Thank you.
    Quote Quote