VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm comfortable ripping my DVDs into MP4. But, some of my DVDs are damaged or missing and I only have old DVDXCopy discs that will play. Is there a way to rip from these DVDXCopy discs? MakeMKV and HandBrake don't seem to work for this. Any help is appreciated!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    try dvdfab ??
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Assuming you didn't specify that DVDXCopy keep the copy protection (highly unlikely), you should be able to just copy the VIDEO_TS* folder directly to your hard drive. You could even use 7-Zip or Bandizip to extract the folders to your hard drive.

*99.99% of the time, the AUDIO_TS folder is not used by Video DVDs and is empty.

BTW, you don't rip to .mp4. A rip is and exact bit for bit copy of the contents of your Video DVD, either to .iso or VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS files, never anything else. If you're converting to .mp4 or any other container, directly with a program or as a separate process, you're encoding the Video DVD rip. Keeping this is mind makes understanding what you want to do easier if you have questions later.
    Last edited by lingyi; 8th Dec 2018 at 03:03.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Good info, thanks. I'll look at the source files a little closer.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thank you lingyi! Copying the VIDEO_TS folder to a hard drive, then using HB to access the folder worked perfectly. Much appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Good news and good luck on your project!
    Quote Quote