VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or try DVDFab and copy, convert or make Blu-rays and DVDs! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi there,

I have a problem with the audio files for my project. GoToMeeting IrfanView Town of Salem The audio that was recorded is awful, you cannot understand what the person is saying. Is there any way to fix it?
    I've added a sample file just in case.

Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Pranit6; 11th Dec 2018 at 12:33.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I see no sample.
    Quote Quote  
  3. The audio that was recorded is awful, you cannot understand what the person is saying. Is there any way to fix it?
    Well... subtitles ? Or a time machine...
    What exactly is the issue ? It can be as simple as normalizing / compressing ; reducing a constant background noise is trickier yet doable ; but if there are unwanted sounds covering the person's voice, constantly varying in tone and intensity, no amount of magic can fix that satisfyingly...
    A few years ago, I was recording a lecture, and a rather old woman (but not old enough that it could have been an excuse) who was about 3 seats further to the right on the same row, started sloooowly unwrapping some mint candy, it made an atrocious crackling noise, and I was dreading the effect it would have on that portion of the recording (I had no separate audio recorder then), while I could do nothing but wait 'til it was over 'cuz that's the kind of person who feels so entitled that saying anything would probably have started an argument and ruined it even more, perhaps even interrupted the lecturer... Then, when editing, I tried to clean that disaster as much as possible, trying some really advanced softwares, and if I remember correctly I could get an okay-ish result with something called Izotope RX but to legally acquire that thing would probably cost more than the recording is worth... and to not-so-legally acquire it shouldn't even be discussed here !

I've added a sample file just in case.
    Alright, but where is that damn case ?
    In case I find the case, I may try to solve the case !
    Quote Quote