VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Trial version ConvertXtoDVD and AVStoDVD I cant escape cut off edges on every disc I play. I use the TV menu to set 4:3 and it shrinks but edges are still missing. I produced one DVD with pad on the edges and it caused even more to be removed. I'm redistributing technical presentations and it needs to include all of the window. A thick black border is preferable to missing information.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01943.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	165.1 KB
ID:	47402  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01940.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	165.1 KB
ID:	47403  

Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Playing how? With settop BD/DVD player? With computer & software player?
    If the latter, you should set your app's AR as appropriate, show in full screen (vs windowed) and set your TV to dot-by-dot (aka JustScan, etc). Will not only fit better but will look much sharper.

Currently, it's overscanning.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Playing a commercial DVD should show the same problem, ie. it's a TV or DVD setup problem.
    Your home-made DVD's are probably fine
    Quote Quote  
  4. Turn off the overscan function on your TV. In cases where you can't control the overscan you have to keep to "title safe" rule -- nothing important near the deges of the frame.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overscan

So in your anime example you want to raise the subtitles. If the subs are hard coded you need to shrink the picture and add black borders around the edges.
    Quote Quote