VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey guys, I have friends in different countries and we connect through cellphone to cellphone video usually via watsapp. What I would like to do when they are using watsapp is to connect with me through my pc instead so I can and communicate with them on my big pc screen and audio, is this possible in any way please?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Whatsapp is not available for desktop OSes (and won't be anytime soon).

There may be the possibility of using the USB connection as an extender/adapter for video as well as audio (I own an audio usb adapter that works great for mobile pro location recording and playback on my android phone).
    HOWEVER, the used app in question must be explicitly designed to take advantage of external usb features (it took me a while to find a great quality pro audio app with this capability). Unless Whatsapp is built with that hidden capability (and external video display & camera capability is much rarer than even audio), you're out of luck for now.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hmnn, ok then maybe a way to transfer the video and audio from the phone video to a pc screen?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I doubt that it is really worth the effort, using Skype or switching the to WeChat (Chinas WhatsApp) would allow video chat between pc and mobiles.
    That said iirc ApowerMirror (https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-to/mirror-control-your-androids-screen-your-windows-pc-0175404/) might be worth a try,.. (assuming you use an Android smart phone)
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am seeking assistance with it from the apowerfsoft community, appreciate the help, thanks!
    Quote Quote