VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hiya, i am trying to create a DVD using the above software, Version 5.5.0., and i dont understand the order of the screens, is anyone familiar with this software?

My problem is, i have added a single movie to the DVD, and have added some chapters to it, 3 in all.

Now the software has set up the Menu Page, which is the first one that open as the DVD has loaded, this has one thumbnail on it for the movie, and two options, PLAY or SCENES

So i would SCENES is the same as Chapters?

SO if you click the SCENE button, it takes you to a second screen called Title Page 1, which again has only one thumbnail on it, and no text links, so you have to click on the thumbnail here before it takes you to a third screen, called Chapter Page 1 where the 3 thumbnails are for the chapters......

I dont understand what the point of the second screen is, Title Page 1, it just seems to be an unnecessary step almost duplicating the first screen?

Anyone know how to remove screens on this? or is there better software out there for creating DVD's than this?

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by zhunter71 View Post
    So i would SCENES is the same as Chapters?
    Yes. Play starts the movie at the beginning. Scenes takes you to your chapter menu. You mentioned some sort of an intermediate page, but from the main menu you should be taken directly to the chapter menu when you hit "Scenes".

I dont understand what the point of the second screen is
    There is no point so I can only conclude you set it up incorrectly. It's easy enough to bypass using PGCEdit afterwards, but it would be better to do it right from the beginning.

More than that I can't say as I don't use (and would never use) anything made by Wondershare. I know YouTube has lots of tutorials on its use so you might check there. And maybe someone that uses it will chime in.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I do not use it either but taking a quick look at their 'speil' they appear to provide for a static menu template or a user-defined (maybe not their words here) one.

What you describe appears to fit the first method. 'Page' selections for a menu should always be on the chapter/scenes page itself.

But there are plenty of better, and cheaper, alternatives. If you only want to use one movie for your dvd avstodvd is a good choice. Not hard to learn and there is a dedicated thread in the forum ifyou get problems. You will also need a burning program but imgburn fits the bill.

DvdStyler is another well-spoken-of free program.

If you do prefer full-featured commercial programs then take a look at corel or magix. A fullish list will be found when you click the 'software' link at the top of this page.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There is no point so I can only conclude you set it up incorrectly.
    There is no setting it up wrong, as soon as you add the mpeg to the project it creates the first two pages by default, with no option to delete either of them. The first page pays a thumbnail of the movie, with two text lines, PLAY and SCENES. The second page it has created also has a thumbnail of the movie on it and a Back button. So both pages show the same thumbnail......as soon as you add Chapters to the movie they are created on the third page, so you end up with a middle page that is pointless. I paid for that rubbish too! aargghh!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DvdStyler is another well-spoken-of free program.

Thats great thank you! I have downloaded DVDStyler.....i'll have a go on that later but it looks ideal that! thanks for the recommendation!!!! I'll let you know how i get on i'm gutted that i paid for a year of Wondershare!! what a waste!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ^^ What happened to their free trial ?
    Quote Quote