VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What are my options for combining multiple mp3 files into one large file without quality loss? A relative recently passed on some 1970s top 40 airchecks to me he recorded and converted to mp3 and for some reason each hour aircheck is in 20-25 parts. I would like to combine each hour recording into a single mp3 file without suffering a loss in quality.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kschwi View Post
    What are my options for combining multiple mp3 files into one large file without quality loss? A relative recently passed on some 1970s top 40 airchecks to me he recorded and converted to mp3 and for some reason each hour aircheck is in 20-25 parts. I would like to combine each hour recording into a single mp3 file without suffering a loss in quality.
    Perhaps this, but it will only work if the sample and bitrates are similar
    https://www.videohelp.com/software/mp3DirectCut
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    ffmpeg's concat protocol should do the job.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mp3DirectCut will definitely do it. You can open multiple instances, and copy all or part of an MP3 using one instance and paste it into another. If the second instance has already opened an MP3, the pasted MP3 can be appended to it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I do have mp3DirectCut. I have used it for splitting mp3s. It sounds like you just paste it into an open file?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Just putting the files into a ZIP archive could do the trick, depending on what you intend to do with them. At least VLC Media Player can play media files from common archive types, and skip between individual tracks, perhaps other players can as well. Preferably use the “store” option (no compression).
    In the past, when I was heavily using the eMule P2P network, so more than 10 years ago, I've seen occasionnally files shared as MP3, which were in fact ZIP archives with their extensions changed as MP3, and they would play fine as MP3 with whatever I was using at the time, so it was already possible then.
    (And it most likely works even if audio parameters are vastly different.)
    Quote Quote