This is really weird. Today I started having problems with auto-translating. It starts the process to translate from Swedish to English after clicking translate, but the text for English remains empty. When I click OK this simply inserts the blank fields with times. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. I've tried the beta version even though that had some fixes for the OCR issues. I also tried the portable versions for 3.5.6 and 3.5.7.
The only thing I know I've changed was my video card. My son upgraded his and I took his older one and updated to the latest NVIDIA drivers.
I'm sure it's something I accidentally did, but I'd love to be able to figure out what the issue. Thanks!
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Last edited by zeus182; 29th Nov 2018 at 06:04. Reason: NVIDIA drivers
same for me, i'm translating subtitles for a MOOC of my university from french to English using 3.5.7. It worked well yesterday 28th of november, and today only blank lines !
I am not an expert for Google Translate API, perhaps I translated to much subtitles and Google has banned me (same IP), or perhaps Google API changed a little bit, or ...
So don't worry to much, I think it's not your fault ...
That's me again!
Google changed its translation page. Translation doesn't work yet in subtitle Edit, but "nikse" is working...
The 3.5.7beta version available on the site can use microsoft translate, you have to subscribe to azure services, it's free for 2 000 000 caracters per month.
Have a nice evening
I'm glad I'm not the only one that had this happen to them. I was just thinking I screwed up somewhere along the line. In the meantime, I'll guess I'll have to figure out how to set it up for Microsoft translate.
Thanks to you and nikse for helping out.
Get latest version of SE and you'll have limited free translation - in "File -> Plugins" you can find more options.
Read more here: