VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM

"I'll have to talk with my grandfather, but my great grandfather has a very large collection of VHS recordings that we're looking to get rid of. They're mostly movies he recorded off of TV. I have no idea of their condition or quality, though they are labeled at least." *SIGH*

It's from a thread on a videogame forum where someone is asking for '70's & '80's videotapes so they can archive the commercials.

Edit: I just did some mental calculations and I could have been a great-great grandpa by now! *DOUBLE SIGH*
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Not really. Some family just reproduce like rabbits, several generations have kids from 15-20. So 2-3 gens of one family can be 5 for another.

That aside, I'd like to know about that forum/thread. 80s commercials is a sub-hobby of mine as well.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, I based my calculation at 15 and if I lived to be 90, I could see four generations (five including me).

The forum is atariage.com and here's the link to the thread: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/212779-1980s-betamax-and-vhs-tapes-tv-recordings/page-1?hl=+betamax. It would be great if you could work with him/her. The last post was today (that's how I came across it). I thought I did a post recommending VH as a source, but I guess not.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by xiangwei View Post
    those VHS tapes can be restored and converted into any format......
    Um ... duh?
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote