VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hey everyone,

I am a music teacher and I recently came across these really useful videos that I have been using in the classroom. Here is an example of one of them:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1b_pY1WrXL93kkG3aBSy9t2Gx75oNKKR8/view?usp=sharing

My question is, could anyone suggest any video editing programs that would be efficient in creating these types of videos? I am finding them to be really engaging tools in the classroom and I would love to create them myself for other songs that students want to learn.

Many thanks,
    Liam
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Probably better using an animation program rather than an video editor. Much easier to duplicate frames and sync the audio.
    I would make a template similar to that video, maybe in Windows Paint, then add the annotations into each frame.
    Modify the original template for each frame.

You can load music into a music editor like Audacity to mark down the timings of each of the notes or chords you want to display,
    then sync the animation to the music. If your video editor has a timeline display, easy to sync. You just adjust the duration of each sequence.

That's how they do most animations, with the sound track first, then sync the graphics to it. Should be easy with just guitar or piano.

If you check around the web for animation programs, quite a few are freeware. Even PowerPoint could work.
    I don't do animation or music, but here's a couple of ideas.

A badly drawn template, but you get the idea. Since the parts are duplicate, you just make one correctly, then copy and paste that
    to the other positions. Much easier that drawing each one separately. Also a Audacity screenshot of some music marking a note or chord timing:

Others here may have some better ideas. And welcome to our forums.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	KB.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	47325  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Audacity.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	149.2 KB
ID:	47326  

Last edited by redwudz; 28th Nov 2018 at 19:09.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Thank you so much! That makes a lot more sense to me now. I will be trying this out soon
    Quote Quote