VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I need some help. Until today I was using an LG blue ray player that had analogue audio out. I could play this thru my 2 channel Cary preamp (which does not have any digital input connections) and have stereo left and right full range sound. I prefer this mode because my Electrostatic speakers sound better than going thru my processor using front and center. I do use the subwoofer and surround modes I choose not to connect to the front and center channels of the processor.

My friend recommended a Samsung BD-J7500 player because of the variety of apps with a great picture and sound. On the back it has the RCA 7.1 surround with 8 RCA audio outputs. For now I want to use just the front left and right as I did with my LG player. In the menu of the player I went to the Downmix setting and chose normal 2 channel audio. Once hooked up and I started to play the movie I was only getting the effects out of my front speakers. I could see lips moving on the screen with no sound so I checked under the language setting and it was in the english 5.1 digital Dolby setting. There is also choices for French and Spanish 2 channel Dolby and a setting for commentary. The speakers play full range in the French, Spanish and commentary settings. I thought I would somehow be able to defeat the 5.1 and be able to play in English normal 2 channel analogue. I would think if the unit had RCA outputs I could play full range left and right since they were the only 2 connections I used. If there is someone familiar with this unit please advise if you know the solution. I tried calling Samsung support but I can't get thru to an actual repair technician. The people in customer service were of no help what so ever. They couldn't grasp what I was trying to explain.
    Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
    Last edited by blgtrio; 26th Nov 2018 at 18:31. Reason: added some information
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Looking at the manual: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201502/20150216101204184/BD-J7500-ZA_WEB_...NG-0202_BM.pdf the only way to output two channel audio is through the optical out:

"Method 4 Connecting to an AV receiver with a Digital Optical Cable
    • Using a digital Optical cable (not supplied), connect the OPTICAL DIGITAL AUDIO OUT jack on the
    product to the DIGITAL OPTICAL IN jack of the receiver.
    • Good quality
    • You will hear sound only through the front two speakers with Digital Output set to PCM"

You'd need an adapter like this convert the digital signal to analog: https://www.amazon.com/Musou-Digital-Optical-Converter-Adapter/dp/B01AWBA8U8/ref=sr_1_...onverter&psc=1
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Hi Lingyi, Thank you very much for the quick reply and the helpful links. I have an adaptor on the way.
    Quote Quote  
  4. oh ok
    mobdro is an Android application just by following some instructions that give below you can use this app on your PC.
    Quote Quote