VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I need to add an AAC track to a video so I demuxed the audio track (AC-3 5.1), converted it to AAC 2CH, then muxed it back into the original file. At this point, MediaInfo would only show bitrate data for the original AC-3 track, but not the original AVC track, and not the AAC audio. I wasn't expecting it to show for the AAC, as it rarely does. But how come the bit rate no longer shows for the original AVC track? Anyway to fix this? I didn't get it in the screen shot, but just as a test, I muxed a short DTS audio track into the original file and in that case MediaInfo showed the bitrate for all 3 tracks (AVC/AC-3/DTS). I'm using MKVToolNix for all de/multiplexing. Tried a couple different converters on the audio and same result.

The file "S" is the original, MediaInfo shows bitrate for both tracks (AVC/AC-3)
    The file "S (1)" I simply remuxed the original not adding or removing anything, MediaInfo still shows bitrate for both tracks
    The file "S (2)" I muxed an AAC track back into the original file "S", now MediaInfo no longer shows the AVC's bitrate.

Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bitrate.jpg
Views:	1042
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	47297  

Quote Quote  
  2. AC3 is usually constant bitrate, AAC variable bitrate. This makes it easier to calculate bitrates if AC3 is used. If you use more than one variable bitrate track (incl. video) MediaInfo usually needs track statistic tags to calculate bitrates. Do you have the latter disabled in MKVToolNix? They should get written by default.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    AC3 is usually constant bitrate, AAC variable bitrate. This makes it easier to calculate bitrates if AC3 is used. If you use more than one variable bitrate track (incl. video) MediaInfo usually needs track statistic tags to calculate bitrates. Do you have the latter disabled in MKVToolNix? They should get written by default.
    I have not changed any of the options in MKVToolNix. Is there a way to manually create a track statistic tag for the bitrate? Do you know of any conversion software that will create the tag if I convert the audio within a container while just copying the video stream?
    Quote Quote