VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or try DVDFab and copy, convert or make Blu-rays and DVDs! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a 3D Blu-Ray disc that I'm trying to add Atmos sound to, because the studio only wanted to give it to us in the UHD version.

Anyway, I extracted the Atmos sound track in both THD format using eac3to, and also in a MKA file using MKVtoolnix. I then tried to use TSMuxer (latest version) to add that track to the Blu Ray video and make a new ISO. The problem is that TSMuxer doesn't like the audio. With both formats it keeps telling me "Can't detect stream type" when I try to add the audio.

Is there anything else I can do to get the Atmos audio onto the Blu Ray disc? I can easily do it as an MKV file output using MKVToolnix, but that is not what I'm looking for because I want to play the 3D Blu Ray on a disc player after.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You could try MKVCleaver to extract the audio. It extracts files in the format that they are. ie subtitle tracks come out as srt whilst mkvtoolnix outputs as MKS and need further conversion often.
    BeyonWiz T3 PVR ~ Popcorn A-500 ~ Samsung ES8000 65" LED TV ~ Windows 7 64bit ~ Yamaha RX-A1070 ~ QnapTS851-4G
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    You could try MKVCleaver to extract the audio. It extracts files in the format that they are. ie subtitle tracks come out as srt whilst mkvtoolnix outputs as MKS and need further conversion often.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that program to extract the Atmos and it gave me a file with a .truehd extension. I tried adding that in TSMuxer and got the same "can't detect stream type" error. Man, TSMuxer is one picky program.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I think TSMuxer is looking for a THD+ac3 track...The TrueHD with the base DolbyDigital embedded in it
    I want NBC's Ed on DVD/Blu-ray!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Run MediaInfo on the .truehd track and post the results.
    BeyonWiz T3 PVR ~ Popcorn A-500 ~ Samsung ES8000 65" LED TV ~ Windows 7 64bit ~ Yamaha RX-A1070 ~ QnapTS851-4G
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by redsandvb View Post
    I think TSMuxer is looking for a THD+ac3 track...The TrueHD with the base DolbyDigital embedded in it
    Any suggestion on how I can get something like that? I tried extracting both the TrueHD and AC3 tracks together using MKVCleaver, but it gave me two different files.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    Run MediaInfo on the .truehd track and post the results.
    General
    Complete name : F:\Atmos.truehd
    Format : TrueHD
    File size : 3.25 GiB
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable
    FileExtension_Invalid : mlp thd vr

Audio
    Format : TrueHD
    Format profile : TrueHD+Atmos / TrueHD
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Maximum bit rate : 5 742 kb/s
    Channel(s) : Object Based / 8 channels
    Channel positions : Object Based / Front: L C R, Side: L R, Back: L R, LFE
    Sampling rate : / 48.0 kHz
    Frame rate : 1 200.000 FPS (40 SPF)
    Compression mode : Lossless
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  9. Note mkvmerge will separate TrueHD and AC3 core into separate tracks. So if possible go back to your source files which still have them in a single track.

Should that no be possible anymore eac3to can encode an AC3 core:
    eac3to "input.thd" "output.thd+ac3"

(I don't know about tsMuxer's capabilities.)
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by netmask56 View Post
    It mentions ProTools and a plugin for it. While that isn't domestic to Aussies, it IS internationally available.
    However, am pretty confident that, until IF and WHEN a FOSS application developer reverse-engineers it, Atmos creation will not be available to anyone for less than $$$. That's by design.

Scott
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 24th Nov 2018 at 18:12.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Scott that was exactly what I meant by my post and by domestic I meant free programs like TSMuxer etc etc. ProTools widely used in Oz BTW even at the Australian Film TV and Radio School, the Federal government funded media school, located at Fox studios Sydney
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by smd9 View Post
    I have a 3D Blu-Ray disc that I'm trying to add Atmos sound to, because the studio only wanted to give it to us in the UHD version.

Anyway, I extracted the Atmos sound track in both THD format using eac3to, and also in a MKA file using MKVtoolnix. I then tried to use TSMuxer (latest version) to add that track to the Blu Ray video and make a new ISO. The problem is that TSMuxer doesn't like the audio. With both formats it keeps telling me "Can't detect stream type" when I try to add the audio.

Is there anything else I can do to get the Atmos audio onto the Blu Ray disc? I can easily do it as an MKV file output using MKVToolnix, but that is not what I'm looking for because I want to play the 3D Blu Ray on a disc player after.
    you could try this - https://www.dvdfab.cn/dvdfab-diy.htm
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by redsandvb View Post
    Any suggestion on how I can get something like that? I tried extracting both the TrueHD and AC3 tracks together using MKVCleaver, but it gave me two different files.
    Is the UHD rip with the THD/Atmos track a full disc rip or an mkv?

If it's an mkv the AC3 core has probably been stripped as previously mentioned. eac3to should be able to embed an AC3 core into the THD track and output as THD+AC3 like sneaker mentions below.

EDIT: eac3to "input.thd" "output.thd+ac3"

I say should because sometimes I get errors that prevent it from doing so successfully...but I use useac3to for gui and I'm guessing I'm not setup properly or something.

If it's a full disc rip I think you should be able to load the (correct) playlist in tsmuxer along with the 3D disc and just reorder and remux, keeping only the tracks you want.

Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    Note mkvmerge will separate TrueHD and AC3 core into separate tracks. So if possible go back to your source files which still have them in a single track.

Last edited by redsandvb; 25th Nov 2018 at 21:02.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    I'm looking for something a little cheaper than $15,000. Plus it says it doesn't support 3D Blu Ray. Thanks anyway though.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by redsandvb View Post

If it's an mkv the AC3 core has probably been stripped as previously mentioned. eac3to should be able to embed an AC3 core into the THD track and output as THD+AC3 like sneaker mentions below.

I say should because sometimes I get errors that prevent it from doing so successfully...but I use useac3to for gui and I'm guessing I'm not setup properly or something.

If it's a full disc rip I think you should be able to load the (correct) playlist in tsmuxer along with the 3D disc and just reorder and remux, keeping only the tracks you want.

Note mkvmerge will separate TrueHD and AC3 core into separate tracks. So if possible go back to your source files which still have them in a single track.

I have both full disc and MP3. TSMuxer doesn't support UHD discs it seems. I can add the full disc playlist file and select the audio track that has the AC3 core + TrueHD audio, but it gives me a "Can't parse playlist file" error when I try to mux into a Blu-Ray ISO.

I tried encoding an AC3 core into the TrueHD track using eac3to like you suggested, but the following is what happened:

>eac3to.exe "f:\Atmos.truehd" "F:\AtmosAC3.thd+ac3"
    TrueHD (Atmos), 7.1 channels, 48kHz
    AC3 encoding doesn't support back channels. Will mix them into the surround.
    Decoding with libav/ffmpeg...
    Mixing surround channels...
    Remapping channels...
    Encoding AC3 <640kbps> with libAften...
    Creating file "F:\AtmosAC3.thd+ac3"...
    libav Lossless check failed - expected 00, calculated 1f.
    libav restart header sync incorrect (got 0x04b2)
    libav Invalid channel 8 specified as output from matrix.
    The libav decoder reported error -1094995529 while decoding.
    Aborted at file position 87818240.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM

I have both full disc and MP3. TSMuxer doesn't support UHD discs it seems. I can add the full disc playlist file and select the audio track that has the AC3 core + TrueHD audio, but it gives me a "Can't parse playlist file" error when I try to mux into a Blu-Ray ISO.

I tried encoding an AC3 core into the TrueHD track using eac3to like you suggested, but the following is what happened:

>eac3to.exe "f:\Atmos.truehd" "F:\AtmosAC3.thd+ac3"
    TrueHD (Atmos), 7.1 channels, 48kHz
    AC3 encoding doesn't support back channels. Will mix them into the surround.
    Decoding with libav/ffmpeg...
    Mixing surround channels...
    Remapping channels...
    Encoding AC3 <640kbps> with libAften...
    Creating file "F:\AtmosAC3.thd+ac3"...
    libav Lossless check failed - expected 00, calculated 1f.
    libav restart header sync incorrect (got 0x04b2)
    libav Invalid channel 8 specified as output from matrix.
    The libav decoder reported error -1094995529 while decoding.
    Aborted at file position 87818240.

Darn. Perhaps someone with more knowledge of the process can help. Sorry
    Quote Quote