VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or try DVDFab and copy, convert or make Blu-rays and DVDs! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Thread
  1. I'm dealing with a cartoon DVD here. It's 29.97 interlaced, but telecined. I've been able to use this on all of the episodes so far:
    Code:
    TFM(D2V="%source_file%")
    TDecimate(Mode=1)
    But on the last 2 episodes I've had trouble.

    If I use the built-in IVTC script in StaxRip (Telecide(guide = 1).Decimate()) the output is mostly OK, but has some interlacing:


    If I use the TFM/TDecimate code, there is ghosting and interlacing everywhere:



    Sample of VOB:
    https://mega.nz/#!DzIFkAQD!77z8SnN6X3gnsqeGrIzDaSxTgAZjI0VmRuB16sKOqlU

    Any help on dealing with this? Using x64 StaxRip.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I don't think I see any of that. A simple:

    MPEG2Source("Test.d2v")
    TFM().TDecimate(Mode=1)


    seems fine. Perhaps you have the wrong field order in the uncut episode? A few of the scene changes look funky, but I got this with the script above:
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    I don't think I see any of that. A simple:

    MPEG2Source("Test.d2v")
    TFM().TDecimate(Mode=1)


    seems fine. Perhaps you have the wrong field order in the uncut episode? A few of the scene changes look funky, but I got this with the script above:
    I used your code, still got the same thing:



    It's Top Field First
    Quote Quote  
  4. I get the same result as manono with:

    Code:
    Mpeg2Source("VTS_01_1.demuxed (1).d2v") 
    TFM(d2v="VTS_01_1.demuxed (1).d2v") 
    TDecimate()
    Do you have a colorspace conversion somewhere in your script? Something like ConvertToYV12()? What you're seeing is classic interlaced YV12 converted to something else as if it's progressive. Any other filters? Post your entire script.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I get the same as manono and jagabo too.

    Your artifacts look like progressive chroma upsampling errors while it' s still interlaced (before IVTCing) .

    Post the log file for clues, there might be other stuff staxrip is doing behind your back that you are unaware of
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    I get the same result as manono with:

    Code:
    Mpeg2Source("VTS_01_1.demuxed (1).d2v") 
    TFM(d2v="VTS_01_1.demuxed (1).d2v") 
    TDecimate()
    Do you have a colorspace conversion somewhere in your script? Something like ConvertToYV12()? What you're seeing is classic interlaced YV12 converted to something else as if it's progressive. Any other filters? Post your entire script.
    Code:
    LoadPlugin("J:\StaxRip-x64-2.0.0.0\Apps\Plugins\avs\masktools2\masktools2.dll")
    LoadPlugin("J:\StaxRip-x64-2.0.0.0\Apps\Plugins\avs\MedianBlur2\MedianBlur2.dll")
    LoadPlugin("J:\StaxRip-x64-2.0.0.0\Apps\Plugins\avs\modPlus\modPlus.dll")
    LoadPlugin("J:\StaxRip-x64-2.0.0.0\Apps\Plugins\avs\RgTools\RgTools.dll")
    LoadPlugin("J:\StaxRip-x64-2.0.0.0\Apps\Plugins\avs\Decomb\Decomb.dll")
    Import("J:\StaxRip-x64-2.0.0.0\Apps\Plugins\avs\DehaloAlpha\Dehalo_alpha.avsi")
    LoadPlugin("J:\StaxRip-x64-2.0.0.0\Apps\Plugins\both\KNLMeansCL\KNLMeansCL.dll")
    LoadPlugin("J:\StaxRip-x64-2.0.0.0\Apps\Plugins\avs\MPEG2DecPlus\MPEG2DecPlus.dll")
    LoadPlugin("J:\StaxRip-x64-2.0.0.0\Apps\Plugins\avs\TIVTC\TIVTC.dll")
    MPEG2Source("VTS_01_1.d2v")
    Crop(4, 2, -6, -0)
    TFM().TDecimate(Mode=1)
    KNLMeansCL(D = 1, A = 1, h = 4, device_type="auto")
    DeHalo_alpha_mt(rx=2.0, ry=2.0, darkstr=1.0, brightstr=1.0, lowsens=50, highsens=50, ss=1.5)
    Quote Quote  
  7. The reason is the crop. Mod4 height restrictions for interlaced YV12
    http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Crop

    Move the crop below the IVTC line
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    The reason is the crop. Mod4 height restrictions for interlaced YV12
    http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Crop

    Move the crop below the IVTC line
    Ah Okay.
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads