VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Trying to transfer a VHS to DVD, which has cine film on it (standard 8- no audio) but it has a dubbed music track in the background.

The background music track will play for a few seconds and then it drops out.

I have also taken out the tape, wound it forward and tried in a different VCR, at a different position. The same thing occurs?! A few seconds of audio, but then nothing.

Visually, it's great quality.

Any ideas please folks?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Do you suspect an issue with the vcr or a problem with the capture?
    What have you done to narrow it down? Did you attempt to play the vcr thru the TV to see
    if the problem still occurs?

What is the capture device and what software are you using ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks Dave.
    No capture device, no software. This is just playing through normal VCRs? Neither VCRs I’ve used are faulty, nor are the TVs.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Have you tried switching the audio track? I would first try playing only the Hi-Fi track, and then repeat, but this time set the VCR to only play the linear track (often called "Normal" in the menu).

See if it drops out at the same point each time, with both tracks.

Since it is only dubbed music, you should easily be able to replace it, possibly with something even better.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    You are a superstar! Can’t believe it was something so simple as switching the audio track!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Glad it worked.

Just out of curiosity, which audio track gave you good audio?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    The choices I had were left, right ( neither of which gave me any audio), mixed or the one I chose, mono, which I thought was ideal.
    Quote Quote