VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am using a HDTV capable tuner connected to my PC and Sichbo as the software. Should I received HDTV channels?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Maybe. If you have the right kind of tuner for where you live, an antenna,you live close enough to a broadcaster, and have the right drivers correctly installed on your computer.
    Quote Quote  
  3. The aerial is the same as my TV aerial which does receive HD channels.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I do too on my PC since 10 years now (haven't changed the usb tuner when all chans went hd). Best software is dvbviewer pro (not free) if you're in europe. Windows media center could work for free i'm sure.
    Never heard of Sichbo
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  5. It depends of the

1 Provider Aerial Antenna DVB T/T2 (some TV cards can't do T2) or (analog in some countries not Europe) or Cable provider DVBC (or analog even in some parts of Europe)

2 Codec in use MPEG2 (those hardware mpeg2 tv cards) H264 or even some H265 for HD tv.
    I my self still use analog tv PCI card for cable TV ("HD" too) on one of my pc (15 years old) connected to a Philips 32 inch Full HD monitor (not TV)and it still functions (because the isp provider doesent want to let go of the analog equipment (or probably many users still have those old TVs) and picture is almost the same as the digital counterpart of not HD (those 720x576) channels and sharp too. The HD ( and Full HD channels) its a different story they are much blurrier (probably because of downscaling and converting to analog) or the equipment they use) and lot of details are lost (obviously) but I still can watch those games and movies in my basement with the sign HD in the top corner

I do too on my PC since 10 years now (haven't changed the usb tuner when all chans went hd). Best software is dvbviewer pro (not free) if you're in europe. Windows media center could work for free i'm sure.
    Never heard of Sichbo
    Second vote for DVBviewer, for TV satellite cards is even better (ProgDVB never liked it)
    Last edited by mammo1789; 21st Nov 2018 at 12:05.
    Quote Quote