VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. is there a list of VD2 plugins for 64bit windows 10 anywhere
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    This is one of the sites with quite a few VD filters: http://www.infognition.com/VirtualDubFilters/
    Not sure how many are 64bit, but 32bit filters can just be added to the 32bit filter folder and still used with 64bit Windows.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by redwudz View Post
    This is one of the sites with quite a few VD filters: http://www.infognition.com/VirtualDubFilters/
    Not sure how many are 64bit, but 32bit filters can just be added to the 32bit filter folder and still used with 64bit Windows.

Thanks thats very kind of you to post this. I have found quite a lot of plugins only seem to work on VD not VD2 but will try them
    Quote Quote  
  4. You can run both 32 bit and 64 bit VirtualDub(2) with 64 bit Windows. But 32 bit VirtualDub(2) can only use 32 bit filters, 64 bit VirtualDub(2) can only use 64 bit filters. I haven't seen any VirtualDub filters that don't work in VirtualDub2. But there are many filters that are only available in 32 bits.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    You can run both 32 bit and 64 bit VirtualDub(2) with 64 bit Windows. But 32 bit VirtualDub(2) can only use 32 bit filters, 64 bit VirtualDub(2) can only use 64 bit filters. I haven't seen any VirtualDub filters that don't work in VirtualDub2. But there are many filters that are only available in 32 bits.

Im sure mine is 64bit on windows 10 where do I check if mine is 64bit.. but im sure i tried some filters in VD2 64bit and 32Bit folders but when i say add filter they was not listed
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by foldbck123 View Post
    Im sure mine is 64bit on windows 10 where do I check if mine is 64bit
    Start VirtualDub. Click "Help"->"About [VirtualDub]". There it should probably say if it's "compiled [..] for X86" (=32 bit) or "compiled [..] for AMD64" (=64 bit). Or look into Windows Task Manager.

For VirtualDub2 "VirtualDub.exe" is 32 bit, "VirtualDub64.exe" is 64 bit.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    Originally Posted by foldbck123 View Post
    Im sure mine is 64bit on windows 10 where do I check if mine is 64bit
    Start VirtualDub. Click "Help"->"About [VirtualDub]". There it should probably say if it's "compiled [..] for X86" (=32 bit) or "compiled [..] for AMD64" (=64 bit). Or look into Windows Task Manager.

For VirtualDub2 "VirtualDub.exe" is 32 bit, "VirtualDub64.exe" is 64 bit.

yes it says VD is 32 bit, and VD2 is 64bit

so I gues mine is 64bit for windows 10. but a lot of plugins dont seem to show up on VD2
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	3264.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	228.0 KB
ID:	47244  

Quote Quote  
  8. Only 64 bit filters will work in 64 bit VirtualDub2. They must be in VirtualDub2's plugins64 folder.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Only 64 bit filters will work in 64 bit VirtualDub2. They must be in VirtualDub2's plugins64 folder.

how can you tell by looking at a plugin if its 32bit or 64bit as I download quite a few and found lots didnt work in VD2 32 and 64 bit folder
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by foldbck123 View Post
    how can you tell by looking at a plugin if its 32bit or 64bit
    Generally, if it didn't specify it was 64 bit it was 32 bit.

For example Deshaker has both 32 bit and 64 bit versions and the they're clearly marked:

http://www.guthspot.se/video/deshaker.htm

When you download the 64 bit version it has "64" in the name of the zip file and the dll file.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by foldbck123 View Post
    how can you tell by looking at a plugin if its 32bit or 64bit
    Generally, if it didn't specify it was 64 bit it was 32 bit.

For example Deshaker has both 32 bit and 64 bit versions and the they're clearly marked:

http://www.guthspot.se/video/deshaker.htm

When you download the 64 bit version it has "64" in the name of the zip file and the dll file.
    well I downloaded a few from here and didnt see anything about 32 or 64 bit

http://www.infognition.com/VirtualDubFilters/
    Quote Quote  
  12. If it doesn't say anything, assume it's 32bit . 99% of vdub plugins will be 32bit

vdub2 comes with both 32bit and 64bit flavours . You can still use 32bit vdub2 with the old 32bit plugins .
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    If it doesn't say anything, assume it's 32bit . 99% of vdub plugins will be 32bit

vdub2 comes with both 32bit and 64bit flavours . You can still use 32bit vdub2 with 32bit plugins . 64bit vdub2 cannot run 32bit plugins

ok thanks for that
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've had a lot of issue with the VDub2 resize filter.
    It's the main reason I have to often stick to the official builds.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
    I've had a lot of issue with the VDub2 resize filter.
    It's the main reason I have to often stick to the official builds.
    Have you tried to report the bugs instead? If you consider this, please use forum or tickets (some ppl complained about resize in reviews - where I have no chance to reply).
    Quote Quote