VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, I just bought a Bose SoundLink Mini II and love the sound.

I have a 65 inch Vizio without Bluetooth. Can I add Bluetooth to the TV so my Bose SoundLink will connect to it and thus have sound come out of the unit.

I have Amazon prime, please link any products you folks recommend.

Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    There's no way of knowing for sure unless you tell us the model #, but if your understanding of that model is that it doesn't currently have Bluetooth, there is no simple way to add it. It isn't just a firmware change, it requires the addition of radio circuitry.

You might could send your audio out via SPDIF/TOSlink to a Bluetooth capable device and pair that with your Soundlink.
    Or bypass the TV altogether by sending your signals to a Bluetooth capable receiver/amp, but at that point you probably don't need the Soundlink.

Understand also that BT is not an optimal transmission medium when using the standard profiles, as those are all lossy-compressed signals, generating another layer of degradation.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Image
    [Attachment 47215 - Click to enlarge]

Idk if this helps, a picture of the back of TV connections.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a couple of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IK9UZXA/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As Cornucopia stated, the transmission sound quality is okay, but not great. There are some new standards that are supposed improve quality, but you need to make sure both your transmitter and speakers support them. Your speakers may sound great for music, but the sound will likely be dwarfed when used for watching movies. Part of the effect of a 65" HDTV is that your speakers are ~4 feet apart, giving you a greater stereo and surround effect.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Your speakers have a standard mini-phone plug. Get one of these (in whatever length you need) https://www.amazon.com/Cable-iXCC-Shielded-Gold-Plated-Stereo/dp/B019D048XC/ref=sr_1_2...eo+cable&psc=1 and connect it directly to your speakers. You'll probably need one to connect a bluetooth transmitter to your TV's audio out anyway.
    Quote Quote