VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Originally Posted by amaipaipai View Post
    Cedocida doesn't offer too much to play with.

Specially in Windows 10, there is no option to change the decoding settings.
    Not very many DV Decoders/Encoders can accept /output 4:1:1.

Cedocida is VFW only, not directshow (ie. it won't be used in a directshow player, like mpchc)

ffmpeg based ones typically can. For example, open that video in mpchc (I have mine configured with lav decoder, which uses ffmpeg libraries), and it looks like the screenshot I posted in terms of color edges and fewer blocky edges

You can use ffms2 in avisynth, that will open NTSC DV as 4:1:1 . Then you can upsample the chroma (and convert to RGB) using whatever algorithm. By default , avisynth uses bicubic for everything, that's exactly what was used for the screenshot.

If you look at your decoded image of "proper_ntsc_dv.avi" vs. the one I posted with ffms2 earlier, you will notice additional artifacts. Look especially at the vertical diagonals. But your image is what you would get with 99% of software, professional tools included like NLE's. And the main reason is that extra chroma resize step before RGB for a preview or screenshot

Eitherway, 4:1:1 is bad. There is just too much color information missing. But you can use various workflows to make it look "less bad", fewer conversions in terms of the up/downsampling "behind the scenes" certainly helps
    I use ffdshow over here, I might mess around with it later.
    Thank you poisondeathray.
    Quote Quote  
  2. It looks to me like Cedocida uses a point resize to reduce the chroma width when encoding, and a bilinear resize when restoring the chroma width when decoding. If you add:

Code:
    ConvertToYV24()
    U = UtoY().PointResize(last.width/4,last.height).BilinearResize(last.width,last.height).Crop(2,0,0,0).AddBorders(0,0,2,0)
    V = VtoY().PointResize(last.width/4,last.height).BilinearResize(last.width,last.height).Crop(2,0,0,0).AddBorders(0,0,2,0)
    YtoUV(U, V, last)
    to the end of amaipaipai's image script in post #19 you get very similar looking chroma aliasing (minus the DV artifacts, obviously):

[Attachment 47279 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  3. poisondeathray - やるじゃないか!, after a while I've manage to get it working with LAV filters.

jagabo - Thank you. Any notes on the provided Conexant cx23885 capture?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by amaipaipai View Post
    after a while I've manage to get it working with LAV filters.
    It looks like something is misconfigured when taking that screenshot. Too blurry. Not explained by jpeg compression, it' s something else. Doesn't quite look like deinterlacing either
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by amaipaipai View Post
    Any notes on the provided Conexant cx23885 capture?

Shows more banding than I would expect . Look at the top right corner gradient . All gradients are worse than the synthetic DV screenshot I uploaded

You might test some gradient test patterns next
    Quote Quote  
  6. There isn't much to configure, beside the DXVA settings, everything else is default.

I have noticed however that changing the video renderer it makes the end result a bit better, it can go from good to very worse with a click.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Any notes on the provided Conexant cx23885 capture?
    Shows more banding than I would expect . Look at the top right corner gradient . All gradients are worse than the synthetic DV screenshot I uploaded

You might test some gradient test patterns next
    It's all good friend!

Thank you for the help!
    Much appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi amaipaipai,
    please advice: i have these colorful vertical stripes over video. Is this a power supply failure or faulty capacitors on the motherboard? I attach a photo.
    Thank you for answer

[Attachment 52228 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  9. This can be a combination of both, the power supply when it fail it fails really bad, it sends AC into the board and it does a lot of damage, first of all, replace that power supply or either replace the bad caps on it with a low ESR type capacitor, don't use standard capacitor types. As for the board:

You need to replace the non marked caps, excluding the ones with a red circle, those are made of a dry polymer instead of electrolyte.

If your power supply it's damaged or faulty, you also need to replace the U27 (marked with a dark blue square) that is a 3.3v regulator (sorry i can't remember the exact value) and check the voltage output of the green marked U25, it's 5V regulator if I remember correctly. If the big NEC processor (U19) it's overheating and capture stops for no reason or if the devices freezes, this is because the component it's oscillating, find the component datasheet over the internet and replace the small ceramic capacitors connected to the VCC line.

Make sure you use ESD safe equipment to solder/de-solder the components and ground yourself before touching the PCB board.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Send a sample of your video Lukas321, maye i have a good fix for that
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by themaster1 View Post
    Send a sample of your video Lukas321, maye i have a good fix for that
    Thank you for your willingness, I'm sending a demo.

https://youtu.be/ZJkUFDcGotA
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This can be a combination of both, the power supply when it fail it fails really bad, it sends AC into the board and it does a lot of damage, first of all, replace that power supply or either replace the bad caps on it with a low ESR type capacitor, don't use standard capacitor types. As for the board:

You need to replace the non marked caps, excluding the ones with a red circle, those are made of a dry polymer instead of electrolyte.

If your power supply it's damaged or faulty, you also need to replace the U27 (marked with a dark blue square) that is a 3.3v regulator (sorry i can't remember the exact value) and check the voltage output of the green marked U25, it's 5V regulator if I remember correctly. If the big NEC processor (U19) it's overheating and capture stops for no reason or if the devices freezes, this is because the component it's oscillating, find the component datasheet over the internet and replace the small ceramic capacitors connected to the VCC line.

Make sure you use ESD safe equipment to solder/de-solder the components and ground yourself before touching the PCB board.
    Thank you for your willingness, I cannot handle this repair myself if it is caused by faulty motherboard components
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by Lukas321 View Post
    Thank you for your willingness, I cannot handle this repair myself if it is caused by faulty motherboard components
    Any good repair shop can deal with it, just ask them to replace the capacitors on the board and power supply, if something else it's broken a good repairman with a oscilloscope can find what is wrong with your device.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello all from Latvia!

I realize that this is an old thread, but I was hoping that Mr. Amaipaipai may be able to tell me that part number for U27-I have searched Hi and Lo with the number on the component (19CW N03A), but with no luck Perhaps a scanned copy of the schematics may be floting around somewhere? My very regulated 2A, 5V replacement supply gets loaded down to about 2.6 volts when I power on the unit, so before I start replacing regulators, I need to find replacements first-DigiKey has no record of such a regulator. All the best to the forum!
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by amaipaipai View Post
    The samples.

Just to make it clear, the script was used to match the player output. The player doesn't offer any settings or adjustments for photo mode.

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/rK6v/JxXUWhEtx

This cleaned softvare neat video

ScreenClick image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2022-01-23-01h12m07s062.png
Views:	110
Size:	315.4 KB
ID:	63043
    Quote Quote