VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, everybody! I have a question, how you set your PC to speed up Movie Studio Platinum 13? I know is old software ... Just want to know the settings that you use and try myself. Last time I just stitched some videoclips it took 8 hours to render 14 minutes.
    Last edited by arpantoja; 16th Nov 2018 at 02:44.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you are running a 32bit version of XP, you need 4GB RAM. For 64bit, 8GB is enough with an older PC.
    If it takes 8 HRs to encode a 14 min clip, then you have a problem. If I assume a DVD compliant file, that's slow.

But what's your source video type and your output video type?
    Encoding speed is mostly related to CPU speed, RAM availability, Hard Drive speed and encoding settings.
    If you have maybe 1GB RAM, that could be a bottle neck. If you are encoding to MPG2 for DVD, the encoding settings are mostly set by the codec.
    Other codecs are more flexible for settings. Filtering also slows down an encode.

And I moved your post to a new thread where you may get more responses.

Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by arpantoja View Post
    Hello, everybody! I have a question, how you set your PC to speed up Movie Studio Platinum 13? I know is old software ... Just want to know the settings that you use and try myself. Last time I just stitched some videoclips it took 8 hours to render 14 minutes.
    That's an issue with your PC, not Vegas.

Vegas Platinum 13 is not "Old Software"

P.S. The settings should be full frame. 1080p
    Last edited by budwzr; 18th Nov 2018 at 19:17.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by arpantoja View Post
    According to PC specs you listed on your profile, you have a single core cpu at 2ghz, 1gb of ram, a video card with 64mb ram and a 160gb hdd, which I'm guessing is probably a 5400rpm drive.

And you wonder why the system is slow?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Im compositing with Sony Vegas Pro, and it works perfectly. Especially complicated renders. Takes a while on some jobs, but comes out perfect.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hey man, are you in to video editing?
    Quote Quote  
  7. I use Vegas Pro, but the setting options should be the same. Go into your setting in Movie Studio and look for your RAM option. It will say how much RAM your computer has on the right and you can up the number the program uses, which should make it run faster/better. The more RAM you assign to it the better it should work, but if you use majority of it on Movie Studio, you’re other programs won’t have as much RAM to work with. Hope that helps.
    Quote Quote