VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    How does one get sound from a Focusrite 18i20 Audio Interface to the SONY Camcorder?

Is it as simple as using one of the headphone Outputs (stereo) and connect to the SONY Camcorder Microphone Input (pink 3.5mm jack)?

I have tried this. Even though the sound of the recording is there - and good, it is overshadowed by the noise/interference type sound.

So frustrating!

[Attachment 47206 - Click to enlarge]
    Last edited by Wealthy; 18th Nov 2018 at 07:07.
    Quote Quote  
  2. If, like my Canon, the Sony will auto switch to a line input, fine. If not, then there is your problem as you are trying to do something it is not designed to do. The noise you are experiencing may be down to the cable you are using. Check whether the camera input is mono or stereo and use the appropriate cable. Plugging a mono cable into the Focusrite will do no harm.
    Canon C100 mk2 - Dell XPS8700 i7 - Win 10 - 24gb RAM - GTX 1060/6GB - DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.3 - Blackmagic Speed Editor - Presonus Faderport 1 - 3 calibrated screens
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    UPDATE: I have now fitted two attenuators for each channel and the sound quality from a Line Out into the Mic In is amazing sound quality!

No noise - job done.

So don't listen to Sony's 'experts' - this system works!
    Quote Quote