VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. ive been offerd an JVC SR - DVM600 does anyone know if these are good decks please as will be using for alot of tapes and the last jvc HR-DVS3 lasted 4 weeks and then the mini dv part stopped working
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Looks like a fine machine, just seems over built for the job. If it's free, then sure why not. If it's not free then maybe look into just doing straight DV camcorder to computer captures? Any DV camcorder should do. Unlike analog decks, there is no real advantage to have expensive DV decks for quality reasons. Also if you are using that machine to output DVDs, then you're going to see a loss in quality when you could just have the original DV video delivered directly to your computer via firewire.

I personally own a similar Combo-JVC unit, the S-VHS model (SR-MV45) which also comes with the DVD deck. It's a great machine with TBC/S-Video/NR/VerticalVideoStab, just I would never care to own a DV model simply because you can get by just as well with the barebone equipment.
    Last edited by KarMa; 13th Nov 2018 at 18:31.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    JVC DV players are tape eaters.
    So if the intention was to get it for playing DV tapes, don't do it.
    DV cameras much better for that task.

I refer ONLY to the DV, not any other aspect of the JVC machines, which are usually good (if cared for, therefore usually meaning not-from-eBay), depending on model.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
    JVC DV players are tape eaters.
    So if the intention was to get it for playing DV tapes, don't do it.
    DV cameras much better for that task.

I refer ONLY to the DV, not any other aspect of the JVC machines, which are usually good (if cared for, therefore usually meaning not-from-eBay), depending on model.
    thank you for your input and i will take note
    Quote Quote