VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. A movie file I have has sound on my computer. But when I burn it to DVD it has just this buzzing sound, no audio.
    I ran Video Inspector and it says I need codec A_EAC3.
    I can't find this codec anywhere. I don't understand codecs but I know you need them.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Dolby Digital Plus is E-AC-3: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolby_Digital_Plus

Try eac3to to convert to AC-3

But other members may give better advice.
    And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you. I didn't know someone answered my question as I was notified...wonder why...
    OMG...I didn't know you could download an app to convert this. Many thanks, I'll give it a try!
    Quote Quote  
  4. I downloaded eac3to. I double clicked on the exe. file inside the folder. It looked like it was running something but when I converted the video again the audio is still nothing but a big buzz. Any ideas as to what I need to do? I've been converting and burning for 15 years and have never had such a time as I'm having with these files.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It's a command line program, but there are GUIs to set up the parameters for it lower on the eac3to software page.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Yes, Command Line was what I was thinking....than you. I'll take a look at the page again.
    Well I got a GNI but I don't know how to use it...LOL. I think I'll just move on as it looks too complicated for me.
    Last edited by Skeeter1; 17th Nov 2018 at 07:58.
    Quote Quote