VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Subtitle Workshop 2.51 and 6.0 do not show MP4 videos and they only work with AVI files. at this point, I can only blindly edit srt contents for MP4 videos.

menu - setting - setting - external preview - general - exe of the video player

under there, i used

c:\sss\Mplayerclassic V6.490.exe
    C:\Programs\Mplayer classic - HC for 32bit\mpc-hc.exe
    C:\Programs\Mplayer classic - HC for 64bit\mpc-hc64.exe
    c:\xxxxxx\gom.exe

when i press F8, control panels are greyed out, because F8 is not loading the files.

my only installed codec is ffdshow and no other else.

menu - movie - video renderer has 2 options default (checked) and VMR9

right now, I have to seperately play mp4 players while editing some srt files and as you know. editing this way is difficult because it is hard to find the locations in the video.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you're using FFdshow also install haali media splitter, or uninstall FFdshow and install LAV filters, which includes the splitter.
    For Windows 7 and newer, LAV is advised
    Last edited by davexnet; 10th Nov 2018 at 13:44.
    Quote Quote  
  3. when i found out FFdshow and used FFdshow. it was so good,

it made my XP pen4 PC be able to play mp4 1080p without lagging. and FFdshow installation didnt seem to put any files
    in c:\windows or c:\windows\system or c:\windows\system32 or any other directories.
    I removed any other codecs, and for new OS installation, i never even think about using other codecs.

i just read few words about LAV filter from wiki, it uses libavcodec... ok fine

i have a question.
    does LAV filter put any files in the windows OS directories that I wont be able to delete them forever and cause unknown problems?
    is it possible to give me a few words about it?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I uninstalled ffdshow in win 8.1 and installed Lav filters 0.73.1 and am testing LAV

AA= these 4 players
    c:\sss\Mplayerclassic V6.490.exe
    C:\Programs\Mplayer classic - HC for 32bit\mpc-hc.exe
    C:\Programs\Mplayer classic - HC for 64bit\mpc-hc64.exe
    c:\xxxxxx\gom.exe

how can I make Lav filters show subtitles by using LAV filters instead of using AA='s internal subtitle functions.

LAV spliter conf - subtitle selection mode : default
    why can't LAV filters recognize xxxx.srt automatically when i play xxxx.mp4?

LAV video conf - hardware decorder to use : none (checked as default) what will happene if i choose Ndivia CUvid?

win8.1 + Subtitle Workshop 2.51 + editing srt for MP4 = no video shows but subtitles show, i can hear only sound, but this is kind of acceptible, better than before

win8.1 + Subtitle Workshop 6.0 + editing srt for MP4 = no video shows and no subtitles show, i can hear only sound, but this is less than acceptible, but better than before with ffdshow, because i can hear at least.
    Quote Quote  
  5. win8.1 + Subtitle Workshop 6.0 + editing SRT for MP4 + LAV filters, i got it working, video now played with all subs when i chose video render VMR9.

GOMplayer.exe doesnt subtitle-syncho well a lot of times when it uses the external codecs instead of its own internal codecs (but gom's internal codec is too slow)
    so i still need to know how i can get subtitles through LAV filters like ffdshow, for when gom's sub syncho fails.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried a movie in version 60b and I got video and sound. Perhaps it uses directshow codecs to decode the stream.
    Try opening your file in Graphstudio and see if it plays properly

I tried two different files, xvid/ac3 (avi) and AVC/AAC (mp4) both work fine
    Last edited by davexnet; 12th Nov 2018 at 17:36.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

There is a version of subtitle workshop that supports 32 bit VLC. Try subtitle workshop 6.0D. You can download it here:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/subtitle-workshop-classic/files/

You have the change the renderer: in the menu -> movie -> video renderer
    -> VLC

Subtitle workshop 6.0D also supports UTF-8 and proper audio track selection.
    Kind Regards,
    Kameleon
    Quote Quote