VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, buddy!

I recently noticed that my encoders were decreasing in size, so I decided to compare with the old ones. I noticed that the bitrate was coming down, initially, my encoders at 720x480 x264 epsodios with 30 mins kept a bitrate between 1500 ~ 2000, but now they are with 1000 ~ 1300. I particularly think it bitrate is bit. I think it can cause debanding in darker scenes and in some I actually see them.

I left the MEGUI and started to use the x264 (command line) where I got better results, 3000 ~ 4500 in the same episodes, since the encoder is very fast and seems more efficient. Even using the CRF 10 I still think it's keeping less than the encoders I see on the internet.

The question is: Is there a way to keep a minimum bitrate range using CRF? I know and use the encoder in 2pass, but it takes a bit longer. The question is in relation to the CRF mode.

I read a lot in chaneru and in the x264 manual, I came up with some parameters that helped, but wanted to know if there is anything more specific that can be changed.

I accept suggestions for the megui too.

My current line:

Code:
    avs4x26x.exe --x26x-binary "C:\#####\x264\x264-r2901-7d0ff22.exe" x264 --preset medium --tune animation --profile high --level 4.2 --crf 10 --deblock 1:-1 --min-keyint 25 --bframes 4 --b-adapt 2 --b-pyramid normal --scenecut 40 --ref 6 --weightp 2 --qpmin 10 --qpmax 51 --vbv-bufsize 62500 --vbv-maxrate 50000 --vbv-init 1.0 --qcomp 0.75 --no-mbtree --rc-lookahead 60 --aq-mode 3 --aq-strength 1.0 --merange 32 --me umh --direct auto --subme 9 --partitions all --trellis 2 --psy-rd 1.00:0.00 --no-dct-decimate --no-fast-pskip --sar 32:27 --output "C:\####.mkv" "C:\####.avs"

Thanks for the help, gentlemen
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Kuronoe View Post
    H
    The question is: Is there a way to keep a minimum bitrate range using CRF? I know and use the encoder in 2pass, but it takes a bit longer. The question is in relation to the CRF mode.
    Not directly , not precisely - but there are ways to influence it on the encoding side

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/390603-Can-we-set-min-bitrate-for-CRF-mode-encode

There are also ways to influence it on the preparation side, by filtering, dithering, adding fine grain to dark scenes selectively
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks for the help, poisondeathray.
    I went through this topic yesterday while looking for information about it.

I'm testing mode aq, a good result I had was like I left on the command line above.

I thought I might have some other that I did not see out of inattention or because I did not find it while reading the manual.
    I'll test other values for now
    Quote Quote  
  4. Add small amount of noise to Y plane and your bitrate will go immediately up.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi, pandy.

I'm not sure how to do this the right way without giving problem with my avs. I use some denoise in my avs script, as I usually do old DVD encoder. I usually use QTGMC with some denoise settings.

I do not know how to add noise in the way you're suggesting.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I know how this sound but noise improve sharpness perceived by human eye.
    There is many noise sources in Avisynth http://avisynth.nl/index.php/External_filters#Effects - add noise to Y only.
    Quote Quote