VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I want to convert a video which i've recorded using my phone, but when i use MeGui for this, Blackbar on right and left the video has gone and image will rotate unwantedly

My avisynth script is empty and i've use oneclick encoder:

original video :

after with megui :

Quote Quote  
  2. It might be the video has rotation metadata, so potplayer is rotating the video during playback automatically

You can check with mediainfo(view=>text) , or exiftool

If that is the reason why, then you might need to add the rotation in your script if you want it permanently adjusted for the encode.

eg.
    Code:
    TurnRight()
    Another option might be to include rotation metadata during the muxing ; but not all players read rotation metadata. If you wanted it adjusted permanently , the other way is better since you are re-encoding anyways
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    It might be the video has rotation metadata, so potplayer is rotating the video during playback automatically

You can check with mediainfo(view=>text) , or exiftool

If that is the reason why, then you might need to add the rotation in your script if you want it permanently adjusted for the encode.

eg.
    Code:
    TurnRight()
    Another option might be to include rotation metadata during the muxing ; but not all players read rotation metadata. If you wanted it adjusted permanently , the other way is better since you are re-encoding anyways
    Yeah that's right, In mediainfo i found this :

Width : 320 pixels
    Height : 240 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 4:3
    Rotation : 90°

So, How to keep rotation while encoding in MeGui ? that function TurnRight() seem stretches the video...
    Last edited by untymage; 9th Nov 2018 at 11:36.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by untymage View Post
    So, How to bypass rotation while encoding in MeGui ?
    I think it's already bypassed . Typically source filters in avisynth/megui ignore the rotation metadata . Then 2nd screenshot is probably what the video actually is

that function TurnRight() seem stretches the video...
    It does not . It literally rotates the frame 90 degrees clockwise. It might be your video player settings stretching to fill (probably), or you might have something else going on in the script or megui. You can look at the log file for more details . Or you can manipulate it / stretch it yourself a specific way

The other option is to add rotation metadata back - like the original. I don't think megui can do this. But again , it's media player specific. Even your original file will play differently in different media players. One way is to use ffmpeg to add the rotation metadata
    Quote Quote