VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    is it possible to pause virtualdub when it says dub in progress
    Quote Quote  
  2. In dub status window there is speed limit option. When I set it to 0 (leftmost) it does pause for me. AFAIK this is the only way.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by shekh View Post
    In dub status window there is speed limit option. When I set it to 0 (leftmost) it does pause for me. AFAIK this is the only way.
    Well I have version 1.10.4 which i believe is the latest but cant see pause in status window

EDIT: oh sorry you mean this slider move to far left to pause great it works
    Image Attached Images    
    Last edited by loa909; 5th Nov 2018 at 05:19.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Rather than pausing try changing the priority to idle. It will only get CPU time when no other program wants it. You'll hardly be able to tell the program is running. You should never run a user process at Even Higher priority.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Rather than pausing try changing the priority to idle. It will only get CPU time when no other program wants it. You'll hardly be able to tell the program is running. You should never run a user process at Even Higher priority.

Wow thanks thats great advice I never knew to change that, I know its so slow when dubbing takes ages, should I also use full proccessing mode when i save or direct stream cop, as If I use DSC i wont be able to use compression

When I an dubbing i only get 1.20FPS for Video Rendering Rate how can I speed up rendering, I have also noticed when saving as a .avi from .mp4 the video quality is real bad from what it was as .mp4 dont know why its bad
    Last edited by loa909; 5th Nov 2018 at 11:07.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by loa909 View Post
    its so slow when dubbing takes ages, should I also use full proccessing mode when i save or direct stream copy
    Direct Stream Copy doesn't allow you to change the video. You can't use any filters and can't reduce the file size. If you're trying to make smaller files you have to use Full Processing Mode and re-compress.

Originally Posted by loa909 View Post
    When I an dubbing i only get 1.20FPS for Video Rendering Rate how can I speed up rendering
    If you're not filtering then usually compressing the video is the only time consuming part of the procedure. The only way to speed that up is to use a faster codec or faster codec settings. For example, if you're using x264vfw at the Placebo preset you can change to the Slow preset and get much faster compression -- with very little difference in quality.

I have also noticed when saving as a .avi from .mp4 the video quality is real bad from what it was as .mp4 dont know why its bad
    Generally, if you are getting poor quality you need to use a higher bitrate. You can use a noise reduction filter to reduce the bitrate requirement a bit.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    its so slow when dubbing takes ages, should I also use full proccessing mode when i save or direct stream copy
    Direct Stream Copy doesn't allow you to change the video. You can't use any filters and can't reduce the file size. If you're trying to make smaller files you have to use Full Processing Mode and re-compress.

When I an dubbing i only get 1.20FPS for Video Rendering Rate how can I speed up rendering
    If you're not filtering then usually compressing the video is the only time consuming part of the procedure. The only way to speed that up is to use a faster codec or faster codec settings. For example, if you're using x264vfw at the Placebo preset you can change to the Slow preset and get much faster compression -- with very little difference in quality.

I have also noticed when saving as a .avi from .mp4 the video quality is real bad from what it was as .mp4 dont know why its bad
    Generally, if you are getting poor quality you need to use a higher bitrate. You can use a noise reduction filter to reduce the bitrate requirement a bit.
    I installed that x264vfw https://www.videohelp.com/software/x264-VFW but when I try to start VD it crashes now everytime
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Crash.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	47102  

Quote Quote  
  8. I wasn't recommending you use x264vfw. I just used that as an example of an encoder that has presets the effect encoding speed and quality. Since it's causing problems I recommend you uninstall it.

What codec were you using before?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I wasn't recommending you use x264vfw. I just used that as an example of an encoder that has presets the effect encoding speed and quality. Since it's causing problems I recommend you uninstall it.

What codec were you using before?

Its ok now it was a plugin causing crash dont know which one but deleted plugins32 and added normal ones back. now its not crashing also I have uninstalled that x264vfw. anyway

this is all the codec i have in VD and I always use Xvid MPEG-4 Codec
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-11-05_184029.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	47103  

Quote Quote