VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello again. I've been here previously with almost the same topic, but this time I think I can explain it better.

So, just with a comparison may explain it all.

[Attachment 47086 - Click to enlarge]

Video of his filter (blocked in the USA): https://youtu.be/sw8uC1xxcEw?t=51

Using Avisynth, my result is:

[Attachment 47087 - Click to enlarge]

What am I having trouble with is that the lines aren't as dark and as sharp as his, and mine look a bit transparent. I would like to know if anyone could help me with making something the same as his.

My code is:

ffmpegsource2("E:\Torrents\Sailor Moon R\(Hi10)_Sailor_Moon_R_-_55_(DVD_480p)_(SMC).mkv")
    BilinearResize(1440,1080) #The original source is 640x480
    ConvertToYV12()
    aWarpSharp(blurlevel=4,depth=15)
    SuperToon(power=1,mode=0)
    linedarken_toon(sstrength=255, sdboost=0, warpdepth=10)
    hysteria(4)
    LSFmod(700,3,4,19)

Cut of their raw included in attachments (original file is MKV, but I cutted it on VirtualDub2 and saved as H.264, the usual I do)
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Could anyone help me???
    Quote Quote  
  3. Don't want your reencoded video. Provide the un-reencoded source. Upscale at the end, not the beginning. Use nnedi3_rpow2() to upscale.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Don't want your reencoded video. Provide the un-reencoded source. Upscale at the end, not the beginning. Use nnedi3_rpow2() to upscale.
    Sent it on PM
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hey also, how about remove the noise of it? I have recently got higher quality RAWs but they're a bit noisy.Image
    [Attachment 47154 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    dQUOTE=BeyondTheEnergy;2533737]
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Don't want your reencoded video. Provide the un-reencoded source. Upscale at the end, not the beginning. Use nnedi3_rpow2() to upscale.
    Sent it on PM[/QUOTE]
    Apparently this dude is clueless about public forums and just wants private attention and coddling via personal mail.

Why bother to sign up and post questions, dude? Is that the way they raised you in Narnia?
    Jeez.
    Last edited by LMotlow; 15th Nov 2018 at 04:28.
    - My sister Ann's brother
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by BeyondTheEnergy View Post
    Sent it on PM
    So you don't have the original DVD MPEG2?

I trimmed a section out of the video you sent me and got the attached trim.mkv. I think you way overdid the noise reduction and levels/saturation boost. All the texture was gone and colors were way outside the valid RGB range. I would do something like this:

Code:
    LWLibavVideoSource("Trim.mkv", format="YUY2") 
    ColorMatrix(mode="rec.601->rec.709") # HD colors
    ConvertToYV12()
    ColorYUV(gain_y=70, off_y=-7, cont_u=130, cont_v=130) # about as far as you can go without creating illegal colors

Stab(mirror=15) # reduce the film bounce
    TemporalDegrain(SAD1=100, SAD2=75, sigma=4) # mild noise reduction, leave texture of the original cell animation
    MergeChroma(last, aWarpSharp2(depth=10)) # sharpen colors a bit
    dehalo_alpha(rx=2.0, ry=2.0) # reduce analog oversharpening halos
    Sharpen(0.0, 0.3) # sharpen vertically a bit to darken some horizontal lines
    FastLineDarkenMod(threshold=8, strength=80, thinning=0) # darken outlines, higher strength leads to artifacts

#upscale with sharpening in two steps:
    nnedi3_rpow2(2, cshift="Spline36Resize", fwidth=960, fheight=720)
    aWarpSharp2(depth=3)
    Sharpen(0.3)
    FastLineDarkenMod(strength=30, thinning=0)

nnedi3_rpow2(2, cshift="Spline36Resize", fwidth=1440, fheight=1080)
    aWarpSharp2(depth=5)
    Sharpen(0.3)
    I think that's a little too sharp but you can do with it what you like.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by LMotlow View Post
    dQUOTE=BeyondTheEnergy;2533737]
    Sent it on PM
    Apparently this dude is clueless about public forums ans just wants private attention and coddling via personal mail.

Why bother to sign up and post questions, dude? Is that the way they raised you in Narnia?
    Jeez.
    [/QUOTE]

Isn't it illegal to post full anime in public? If you didn't know, I'll let you know.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Originally Posted by BeyondTheEnergy View Post
    Sent it on PM
    So you don't have the original DVD MPEG2?

I trimmed a section out of the video you sent me and got the attached trim.mkv. I think you way overdid the noise reduction and levels/saturation boost. All the texture was gone and colors were way outside the valid RGB range. I would do something like this:

Code:
    ColorMatrix(mode="rec.601->rec.709") # HD colors
    ConvertToYV12()
    ColorYUV(gain_y=70, off_y=-7, cont_u=130, cont_v=130) # about as far as you can go without creating illegal colors

Stab(mirror=15) # reduce the film bounce
    TemporalDegrain(SAD1=100, SAD2=75, sigma=4) # mild noise reduction, leave texture of the original cell animation
    MergeChroma(last, aWarpSharp2(depth=10)) # sharpen colors a bit
    dehalo_alpha(rx=2.0, ry=2.0) # reduce analog oversharpening halos
    Sharpen(0.0, 0.3) # sharpen vertically a bit to darken some horizontal lines
    FastLineDarkenMod(threshold=8, strength=80, thinning=0) # darken outlines, higher strength leads to artifacts

#upscale with sharpening in two steps:
    aWarpSharp2(depth=3)
    Sharpen(0.3)

aWarpSharp2(depth=5)
    Sharpen(0.3)
    I think that's a little too sharp but you can do with it what you like.

I get an error due to Stab and TemporalDegrain: FFTW3.DLL not found and is not in PATH.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by BeyondTheEnergy View Post
    FFTW3.DLL not found and is not in PATH.
    Get fftw3.dll and put it in your Windows System or SysWOW64 folder.

http://www.avisynth.nl/users/warpenterprises/files/fftw3_20040130.zip
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by BeyondThe Energy
    Isn't it illegal to post full anime in public? If you didn't know, I'll let you know.
    Sarcastic for an ignorant reason. No one ever asked for a complete episode. Fair Use allows the sharing of a short sample for educational and research purposes, all that would have been needed to show the 'problem'.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Originally Posted by BeyondThe Energy
    Sarcastic for an ignorant reason. No one ever asked for a complete episode. Fair Use allows the sharing of a short sample for educational and research purposes, all that would have been needed to show the 'problem'.
    "Sarcastic"

You probably didn't know that encode was just a cutted source, and the only un-reencoded source sample I had was the full episode. I obviously wouldn't risk my own account on VideoHelp because of copyright, so I was more careful and sent it as a PM instead of sending full stuff across a legal forum. If you have a problem and came to my thread just to state the fact that I am ignorant about it, then I suggest you go somewhere else and chill out. Also Thank you in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Give up, fellas. This guy still doesn't get it. Maybe he gets it only when it comes via PM.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by BeyondTheEnergy View Post
    ... and the only un-reencoded source sample I had was the full episode.
    It could easily have been cut into a much smaller piece. Didn't you notice that jagabo's reencode was itself a small section of what you made available to him. If you don't know how to cut it, all you have to do is ask.

I obviously wouldn't risk my own account on VideoHelp because of copyright...
    Which is one reason why samples from the 'source' are provided, not the whole thing.

Originally Posted by LMotlow View Post
    This guy still doesn't get it.
    He's obviously very very young as he's asking about Sailor Moon episodes. Maybe we should cut him some slack?
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    ... and the only un-reencoded source sample I had was the full episode.
    It could easily have been cut into a much smaller piece. Didn't you notice that jagabo's reencode was itself a small section of what you made available to him. If you don't know how to cut it, all you have to do is ask.

I obviously wouldn't risk my own account on VideoHelp because of copyright...
    Which is one reason why samples from the 'source' are provided, not the whole thing.

Originally Posted by LMotlow View Post
    This guy still doesn't get it.
    He's obviously very very young as he's asking about Sailor Moon episodes. Maybe we should cut him some slack?
    "all you have to do is ask" The only thing I've asked was how to do what I asked in the thread's post.

"He's obviously very very young as he's asking about Sailor Moon episodes. Maybe we should cut him some slack?" LOL, that's very sad. What do you do in life other than saying that? I politely asked for help on how to filter the lines of the anime yet you start assuming my age for no reason. If you have a problem you should consider visiting a doctor or something similar. If you can't help me, then you could just say "sorry, I don't know how to do this" or just ignore this post, instead of "No, he's very young." (sounds very offtopic).

@jagabo Thank you for the help, that ended up pretty good!
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search PM
    LOL, that's very sad. What do you do in life other than saying that? I politely asked for help on how to filter the lines of the anime yet you start assuming my age for no reason. If you have a problem you should consider visiting a doctor or something similar. If you can't help me, then you could just say "sorry, I don't know how to do this" or just ignore this post, instead of "No, he's very young." (sounds very offtopic).
    Like I said, he still doesn't get the idea behind public forums and still doesn't get it about sampling. Waste of time trying to explain things to some people.

Thanks to jagabo for sharing his info and a piece of the problem video.
    Last edited by LMotlow; 14th Nov 2018 at 21:25.
    Quote Quote  
  17. I played around with the video a bit more and came up with some darker, thicker lines:

Code:
    ColorMatrix(mode="rec.601->rec.709")
    ConvertToYV12()
    src=last
    ColorYUV(gain_y=70, off_y=-7, cont_u=130, cont_v=130)

Crop(4,2,-4,-2)
    Stab(mirror=15)
    TemporalDegrain(SAD1=200, SAD2=150, sigma=8) # stronger noise reduction
    MergeChroma(last, aWarpSharp2(depth=10)) # sharpen chroma
    dehalo_alpha(rx=2.0, ry=2.0)
    Sharpen(0.0, 0.3)

before = last
    olmask = TemporalDegrain(SAD1=800, SAD2=600, sigma=32).hysteria(8.0, usemask=false).mt_binarize(20).mt_inpand(chroma="-128").BinomialBlur(3,0)
    Overlay(hysteria(28.0, lowthresh=0, usemask=false), before, mask=olmask)
    Santiag()

Rather than using Hysteria's internal masking I generated my own mask, then overlaid the pre-hysteria image onto the strong hysteria image to clear out all the noise hysteria generates with its internal mask disabled. The strong TemporalDegrain() is to reduce flickering of lines that are very close to the threshold of being darkened. There's still some flickering but it's not too bad with this clip. You should play around with the settings to fine tune the script.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The toon() filter is probably used as well.

My bigger question is always this: Why?
    What's the point of it? The original anime already looks fine, enjoyable to watch.
    Last edited by lordsmurf; 14th Nov 2018 at 21:55.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote