VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello friends.

Does anyone know how to create "batch" to fix subtitles within videos in mkv?

For example: I uploaded an anime with subtitle softsub with 12 GiB in size. Now I need to fix a minor error in the subtitle and add the translation of the song, but I did not want the guys to need to download the video again because it's too big.

Thank you for your time.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can use XDELTA Asssuming you have your orig and new (edited) file you can scan and create a patch file ...

https://sourceforge.net/projects/xdelta3-gui/

If only changes to text part like chapters, subs, the delta file will be small
    Last edited by teodz1984; 4th Nov 2018 at 00:21.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by teodz1984 View Post
    You can use XDELTA Asssumeing you have you orig and new file you can scan and create a patch file ...

https://sourceforge.net/projects/xdelta3-gui/

If only changes to text part like chapters, subs, the delta file will be small
    Thank you.

I knew this program, but I did not remember the correct name. Should be more complicated, since I sent the file by torrent, but it will be of great help, thank you for everything.
    Quote Quote  
  4. If you didnt dave the original you have nothing to compare it with the edited one...

Probably the most pragmatic solution is just send the softsubs to whoever needs it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. [QUOTE=teodz1984;2533104]If you didnt dave the original you have nothing to compare it with the edited one...

I have everything necessary.

It all worked out, thanks to his tip. The real problem now is to replace the file in torrent, since it depends on the administrators.

Thanks for all the help
    Quote Quote  
  6. Just include a lnk to the delta patch you created ... no need meddle with file replacement
    Quote Quote