VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello,

I ripped subtitles from some VOB files using Subrip, and when I opened one in VLC, it didn't show up. The subtitles show up in WordPad, but I haven't found any setting to adjust the subtitle color in Subrip. I am assuming that the subtitles are transparent with a transparent border?

I tried to adjust the color as directed in this thread: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/378816-SubRip-font-color-change

I couldn't get the color option to come up in Subtitle Edit, and I tried changing it in Subtitle Workshop to white, but that didn't seem to work.

Any ideas? Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Also, if it helps, here's one of my ripped srt files.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  3. If I'm not mistaken text based subtitles, and how they are displayed, is dependent on the player you are using to display them.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by video.baba View Post
    If I'm not mistaken text based subtitles, and how they are displayed, is dependent on the player you are using to display them.
    I've downloaded subtitles from Addic7ed and other places and haven't had to do anything other than loading them to get them to show up, so I am assuming that it is my subtitles, not VLC.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by aoife
    so I am assuming that it is my subtitles, not VLC.
    tell me these times are the right .. will show after 2 hours

02:26:19,135 --> 02:26:22,627

02:26:23,372 --> 02:26:26,830
    Last edited by sekininsha; 1st Nov 2018 at 07:42.
    責任者-MDX
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by sekininsha View Post
    Originally Posted by aoife
    so I am assuming that it is my subtitles, not VLC.
    tell me these times are the right .. will show after 2 hours

02:26:19,135 --> 02:26:22,627

02:26:23,372 --> 02:26:26,830

YIKES, those are *REALLY* off time-wise. These episodes are just 12 minutes or so long. I looked at all the subtitles I ripped, and every one has messed up times. Good catch! I was just thrilled that I finally got the subtitles to save for all the episodes - I didn't have any luck with CCExtractor or Subtitle Edit, so I wasn't looking at the time stamps.

I looked at Subrip and I didn't reset the LastTime code setting after loading each VOB file, so it was adding time with each file I ripped, which explains the really wonky timing. I reripped two episodes and the subtitles are now showing up in VLC, but it's just about a second/fraction of a second off now.

I have to say, there isn't much out there tutorial-wise for people who are ripping subtitles for TV SERIES DVDs. It's all movies, movies, movies. That is lot easier!

Thank you for the help!
    Quote Quote