VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi there,

i made myself a clip from a Bluray which has some hardcoded subtitles in a foreign language.

The forced Subtitles arent available in my language, however the subtitles for the whole clip are available.

Forced Subtitles are displayed on the upper half on the screen,
    normal Subtitles are displayed on the lower part of the screen.

Question: Is there any way to completely remove the subtitles which are only displayed on the lower part of the screen?
    My System: PC

Regards
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm confused...
    You question states: How can i strip the Subtitles which are only displayed on the top screen?
    However, at the end of your post your state: Is there any way to completely remove the subtitles which are only displayed on the lower part of the screen?
    Can you please clarify?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Sorry .. thats right,
    acutally i would only stip the "lower" subtitles and keep the "upper" ones
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hard subs are part of the picture and can't be removed without damaging the video. You can crop the frame to get rid of them, cover them with a black box, or blur the subtitle area.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Nono, i dont mean the "Hardsubs"... i know that i dont get those removed.

I'm talking about the softcoded subtitle. Some parts of the softcoded subtitle appear on the top screen (when there's a hardcoded subtitle on the button screen) and some parts of the softcoded subtitle appear on the buttom screen (when there's no hardcoded subtitle on the buttom screen)

Q: How can i completely remove the softcoded subtitles which are aligned to the buttom screen and keep the softcoded subtitles which are aligned to the top screen from a softcoded subtitle?
    Quote Quote  
  6. You said you made a clip from blu-Ray? If you didn't want the 'soft' subs why did you include them?
    I would suggest you post mediainfo output (text) so we can see what you actually have.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Had some time to fiddle around with it.

It's a ~10 MB *.SUP File from a BlueRay Disc.

There are a total of 563 Subtitle Lines

About Half is Positioned at the Top Screen, the other half is on Buttom Screen.

I want to *completly* remove all the Subs which are display on the Buttom Screen and make a new *.SUP File from it.

I would like to Keep all the subs positioned, on the TOP SCREEN

And completely remove all the subs, that are positioned on the BUTTOM Screen

Quote Quote  
  8. @Knackstiefel You can do it with BDSup2Sub

[Attachment 47097 - Click to enlarge]

check the option: exclude from export .. and the save changes. OK ... File->Save/Export-> BD Sup

[Attachment 47098 - Click to enlarge]
    責任者-MDX
    Quote Quote