VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or try DVDFab and copy, convert or make Blu-rays and DVDs! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I installed the new win 10, 64 bits, please help me optimize all the possibilities that it can bring
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you don't have a touch screen monitor, I would suggest a program like Start 10 or similar to restore the Windows 7 style menu.

Much easier to navigate, IMO.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Alhas1934 View Post
    I installed the new win 10, 64 bits, please help me optimize all the possibilities that it can bring
    An online search finds numerous articles with suggestions for improving system performance and cleaning the system. If "optimize" means something else to you, you need to be more specific.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you haven't already, install it on an SSD. This will give you a greater performance boost than any tweaks. Also, have at least 16GB of RAM installed.

These are probably covered by the tweak guides that usually_quiet mentioned in his post but:

If you're not on a tablet, turn off anything related to touchscreen (unless you have one as a monitor) and tablet specific.

Familiarize yourself with Settings and the various "features" that Win 10 has set on by default. Anything that is set to automatically run in the background, such as Notifications & actions use up RAM and system resources.

This is advanced, but to blackviper.com and learn which services (which run in the background) can be set to turn on manually or disabled.
    Quote Quote