VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I started to use this software again for the first time in months but when editing the result is a video originally in 4:3 converted to 16:9, skipping frames and poor picture quality.

Some settings must have been changed but I don’t know what, and I also tried removing then reinstalled, but still the same.

Can someone help?
    Quote Quote  
  2. This is a commercial product right? Why are you not asking you question here: support@womble.com ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have but it’s no longer produced and I don’t get a response. And I’m asking here because people on this site are so good with their answers.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by magnu View Post
    I have but it’s no longer produced and I don’t get a response. And I’m asking here because people on this site are so good with their answers.
    I would have advised uninstalling MPEG Video Wizard DVD and deleting any leftover files and folders associated with the program, and then re-installing MPEG Video Wizard DVD. However, you write that you have already tried that and it failed to solve the problem. Maybe there is something wrong with video file you are trying to edit. Try a different file.

I went to Womble Multimedia's website and MPEG Video Wizard DVD 5.0 is still available for sale, although they have not released any new patches since 2015. I can't comment on their ability to provide technical support since I have not used it.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Wait .... what?

Womble will not alter the aspect flag of the file. What is the source MPEG file?

It will "skip frames" if you hit the wrong keyboard key, and it's jumping to end-of-GOP instead of frame-by-frame playback/scrubbing. Reinstalling won't help, because it's a settings that is saved elsewhere. If you uninstall, you need to hunt for leftover files, and maybe even leftover registry settings.

Poor quality? Are you giving it MPEG to smart render, or having it reencode from a non-MPEG source.

If I had to bet, I'd guess you're giving it non-MPEG like an MP4/MKV. Would that be correct?
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  6. I tried it originally with an MKV file and was getting the effect that I mention originally. but tried with others as well which are VOBs & had the same problem. However, I just tried another VOB & there is no problem with it at all. There must be some fault in the encoding of those other VOBs I tried previously?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You cannot use MKV source. Womble is for smart-render/lossless MPEG editing. The re-encoding looks like crap.

You cannot use VOB. A VOB file is not an MPEG. It contains MPEG, but it also contains non-video data. And that extra data often screws up any attempt to play it, edit it, etc. You must properly extract the MPEG from the VOB, and for that you must have the full authored disc or disc image. The IFO files are required to extract the MPEG from the VOB VTS.

The program is not at fault. You're using it wrong.

Hint: DVD Decrypter IFO mode to extract, then edit that in Womble.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  8. I probably should have explained that I'm using the full authored disk when I say I tried my experiment with VOB, & went about it the way you suggest.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I've used AVStoDVD to convert the MKV files back to MPEG, and the quality is rather good. Can I use Womble to create widescreen videos that won't squash the original video?
    Quote Quote