VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm using megui 2876. started to get an error that was not in the previous version. I want to rip in mkv format but the resulting video has .264 extensions.
    erase the extension and write mkv. no problem. but why so???

Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    An intermediate *.264 file contains only the raw video, nothing else. It is later multiplexed into the final MKV file, together with the audio track (and maybe more).

It is not an error that it gets created during the whole process. It might be undesired that it is left over, not deleted after the final MKV is created.
    Quote Quote  
  3. but when I want to merge with sound, muxer can't find the file. if the file is mkv is finding.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    If I recognized it correctly, the window displayed in your screenshot collage is only the video part of the conversion, defined in the main window for the manual queuing. There is no multiplexer involved yet. You will add a multiplexer job to the queue from the "Tools" menu, after the video and audio conversions finished, if you prefer the manual control mode. If you want to automate the conversion instead, you would use the One-Click Encoder or Auto Encode.

The .264 extension will be suggested if the intermediate video format is "RAWAVC". If you already want the intermediate file to be in MKV format, the intermediate file must not have exactly the same file name as the final MKV with audio.
    Quote Quote  
  5. What does MediaInfo report about that .264 file ? You say that it used to work as expected, and that this file is readable once it's been renamed as MKV, so are you sure that this is indeed a MKV file ? Normally a raw .264 file is not recognized by regular players.

By the way you should disable the “hide known extensions” option in Windows Explorer's options... relying on icons or the “type” column to identify file types is not reliable, and some viruses can hide that way.
    Quote Quote  
  6. unfortunately I cannot get the efficiency in the old versions. I get a lot of mistakes.
    When I changed the 264 extension to manual mkv I could do mux with the audio file. But I can't do it anymore. Because the audio codec doesn't work.

Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    NeroAACEnc is not shipped with MeGUI due to license restrictions, you have to manually download, manually copy and manually activate it.

QAAC has similar restrictions; you can extract the Apple CoreAudioToolbox DLL's from an iTunes64 installer so you don't need to install iTunes.

And in general: Logfiles! Logfiles! Logfiles! Complete, please, not just excerpts.
    Quote Quote  
  8. NeroAACEnc is not shipped with MeGUI due to license restrictions, you have to manually download, manually copy and manually activate it.
    But if it was working before and he just updated MeGUI main executable, there's no reason for it to disappear all of a sudden.

When I changed the 264 extension to manual mkv I could do mux with the audio file. But I can't do it anymore. Because the audio codec doesn't work.
    The muxing should be the last step, on your screenshot I see job2 = mux, job3 = audio encoding.
    A size of 7.41MB for the video stream is rather small. Is there enough free space for the creation of all the required files ? Or perhaps it's just a short test ?
    Is the .m4a audio file created at some point, and is it readable in a media player ?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    In addition, I don't believe NeroAacEnc would accept an MP4 as source; the AVS, maybe.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by Anotia View Post
    I'm using megui 2876. started to get an error that was not in the previous version. I want to rip in mkv format but the resulting video has .264 extensions.
    There's a setting called "x264: use external muxer for MKV" under "External Program Configuration" in Options. When it's checked, the output will be raw avc (.264) and it'll then be remuxed as an MKV. Hence the two jobs in the queue. When it's unchecked, x264 writes the encoded video directly to an MKV.

MeGUI only muxes the audio and video together automatically if you add jobs to the queue via the AutoEncode button (or the OneClick encoder) so assuming you added the video and audio encoding jobs individually, your job queue looks normal.

"neroAacEnc.exe" should ideally be located in the "MeGUI\tools\eac3to" folder. There's an option under "External Program Configuration" to tell MeGUI where it is, but it needs to be there for the HD Streams Extractor (eac3to) to use it for AAC encoding. Make sure the location is configured correctly and the exe itself wasn't changed to "neroAacEnc.backup" when MeGUI was updated. That might happen if it was located somewhere else.

It's all working fine here. Are you trying to mux with MeGUI's muxer or with MKVToolNixGUI? You should post log files as it's hard to guess what the problem is without them. "Error" isn't very informative.
    Last edited by hello_hello; 30th Oct 2018 at 09:38.
    Quote Quote  
  11. @LigH.de
    I've installed nero codecs manually. As I said before, the system was running smoothly. The system changed after the update of Megui. I started getting errors.

@abolibibelot
    I worked with a small file of size not to wait for a long time.

@hello_hello
    I've marked muxing as an external resource. It was always like this.
    nero is in the eac3to folder. however, it gives a warning that it has not been found in the specified folder.
    auto encode and not using either one click.
    I'm doing the merge job in megui via tools> muxer> mkv muxer.
    but I can not convert the sound file to m4a can not come to that part. it also extracts the ripped video as a file with 264 extensions. previously this file was turning into mkv after the operation.

I'm doing an experiment now and sharing the log file.

Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    (External Program Configuration)
    [x] x264: Use external muxer for MKV

apparently enforces MeGUI to let x264 write only raw AVC (.264). This allows using a custom x264 build without an own internal MKV output muxer (raw output is always supported). But it's not wrong to let MeGUI create RAWAVC instead of MKV intermediately. The MKV after your video conversion only contains the video stream, anyway – no audio. You have to add a final multiplexing job after both video and audio conversions finished.

Despite all warnings across the usual forums over the last years, you are still using the unreliable DirectShowSource to read a MOV source. Instead, a "File Indexer" is recommended for several reasons, that means either FFMS2 or – especially for MOV sources – L-SMASH Works (which contains a special demultiplexer for MOV, MP4, and similar "ISO Media" format files, even though MeGUI may not use that on its own, you may have to manually edit the generated AviSynth script to prefer that one: LSMASHVideoSource instead of LwLibavVideoSource).

Furthermore, it seems you still did not disable Windows' hiding of filename extensions in Explorer views. This is really recommended, not only for convenience, but also for security reasons.

The audio output format should be "M4A" instead of "MP4-AAC" (which is a kind of "double wrapped" format).

NeroAacEnc cannot read audio directly out of a MOV file, but you can feed it with an AviSynth script which decodes audio; MeGUI created one for you, but your audio "Encoder settings" contained resampling, and for some reason, the SSRC plugin is not available in your MeGUI installation (or in the used AviSynth version), hence the error.

But if your MOV already contains AAC as audio track, why recode at all? Better extract (MeGUI - Tools: HD Stream Extractor) and multiplex back as it was originally. Whether the MOV contains AAC audio already ... ask MediaInfo (or the HD Stream Extractor may tell you?).

The log file is located in ...\MeGUI\logs (as useful as this video was, but the log contains more detailed information). It should also contain a MediaInfo analysis of your source MOV.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Anotia View Post
    I'm using megui 2876. started to get an error that was not in the previous version. I want to rip in mkv format but the resulting video has .264 extensions.

yes same here same build i use any help for locate fdkaac since i download manually from github and extract zip from buildmaster and the mingw.bat but still no fdkaac.zip.Can you guys help me about this?
    Quote Quote