VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi!
    I want to apply my translation audio (previously captured) upon the video. What instruments can I use to achieve this on MAC. Prefer free tools.

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by videobruger View Post
    Mux it with MKVToolnix gui.
    Thank you! Okay, I want to add a translation over the original track to be able to listen both tracks at once. As I understand there is no option for such a changes in MKVToolnix, isn't it?
    Quote Quote  
  3. No. But you can use Audacity to create a new (stereo) audio track with the original and the translation and then use MKVToolnix gui to replace the original audio with the new one.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by videobruger View Post
    No. But you can use Audacity to create a new (stereo) audio track with the original and the translation and then use MKVToolnix gui to replace the original audio with the new one.
    Thank you ! This is the way. And I wonder if someone who does translations use this approach or not This seems to me like hacky way. May be there is another programs, that implement this solution in a simpler way, more professional programs.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Juri View Post
    And I wonder if someone who does translations use this approach or not
    Of course not. They create subtitles. Sometimes the idiot Russians used to create 2-channel audio with the original language in one channel and a Russian dub in the other. I don't know if they still do that.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Juri View Post
    And I wonder if someone who does translations use this approach or not
    I do this kind of work for Japanese, Portuguese and English.

It depends, the client always decide what they want. I'm not a big fan of mkv, with mp4 I use mp4box:
    Code:
    mp4box -add "VIDEO.mp4#video" -add "AUDIO-ENG.m4a#audio:lang=eng" -add "AUDIO-JAP.m4a#audio:lang=jpn" -tmp "d:\tmp" -new MUXED.mp4
    Who said a translators life it's easy?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT80VrWJ2u8
    Quote Quote