VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi guyz.

i wanna edit menu DVD and add some audio file and subtitle and add button or text for selection.

whats the best program for this job?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What you want to do is complicated. There is no single program that allows someone to easily and simply add buttons to existing DVD menus, as well as add new audio and subtitle tracks. Doing what you want requires several programs and quite a bit of time and effort. You would also need a fair amount of knowledge about how DVDs work.

It would be easier to author a whole new DVD with new menus containing the audio, video and subtitle tracks that you have extracted from the DVD, plus the new audio and subtitle tracks that you want to add. ...but if someone doesn't already know how to author a DVD, learning to do it still requires a fair amount of time and work.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. DVDStyler has a powerful scripting language for use in menu/video pre- and post-commands as well as for button action.

Note that selection of subtitle and audio translate into SetSTN command that can only be used from a Titleset menu.
    Last edited by videobruger; 25th Oct 2018 at 15:07.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by videobruger View Post
    DVDStyler has a powerful scripting language for use in menu/video pre- and post-commands as well as for button action.

Note that selection of subtitle and audio translate into SetSTN command that can only be used from a Tileset menu.
    Yes, DVDStyler is one example of a free DVD authoring program that might be used to author a new DVD using video, audio, and subtitle files extracted from an existing DVD.

As far as I know, DVDStyler won't allow someone to easily import a pre-existing DVD file and folder structure to make changes to its menus, audio tracks, and subtitles.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  5. I agree with the advice to just create new menus by extracting the old videos (or stills) and using them in the new menus. I use DVDAuthorGUI for the job.
    Quote Quote  
  6. thanks all.
    What you want to do is complicated. There is no single program that allows someone to easily and simply add buttons to existing DVD menus, as well as add new audio and subtitle tracks. Doing what you want requires several programs and quite a bit of time and effort. You would also need a fair amount of knowledge about how DVDs work.

It would be easier to author a whole new DVD with new menus containing the audio, video and subtitle tracks that you have extracted from the DVD, plus the new audio and subtitle tracks that you want to add. ...but if someone doesn't already know how to author a DVD, learning to do it still requires a fair amount of time and work.
    if i want to encode DVD and again make it. its not good.

DVDStyler has a powerful scripting language for use in menu/video pre- and post-commands as well as for button action.

Note that selection of subtitle and audio translate into SetSTN command that can only be used from a Titleset menu.
    thanks mate. i test it

I agree with the advice to just create new menus by extracting the old videos (or stills) and using them in the new menus. I use DVDAuthorGUI for the job.
    thanks. i test it.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by enable View Post
    You don't have to. You're creating (or recreating) menus, not the original video or movie or whatever it is.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Originally Posted by enable View Post
    You don't have to. You're creating (or recreating) menus, not the original video or movie or whatever it is.
    yes. today i try to and find how works.
    -----------
    a question - how can i add a audio file or make a DVD with 2 audio file and one of them unrecognizable in converters ?

thanks in advanced.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Add an audio file where? To the main video or to a menu? For the main video it's easy. You reauthor it with both audios. Then people usually choose the audio they want with the remote control as it's difficult to edit a menu to be able to choose from two different audios.

Why is it unrecognizable? You can post a MediaInfo text screen of it. If it's real audio and not corrupted, it can be converted to a format acceptable to DVD authoring programs.

If for a menu, like you want your menus available in two different languages, it's difficult. When you put the DVD in the player, the first thing that shows up is a screen asking you to choose which language. You choose one and the rest of the menus reflect that choice.
    Quote Quote