VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    HI,

Im thankful for any answers you guys can give me as Im new to the industry, but eager to learn.

My question would be that is it possible somehow have the video cameras lens and the camera body in the different locations(connected with necessary cables of course) and it still works.

Basically I need as small as possible wide angle option for video recording
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    no. the lens only focuses light. the body contains the chip that captures the focused light and converts it to digital. what you can do with some cams it use a cable plugged into it to transport the video to another location for viewing either on a monitor or computer. wifi or wireless surveillance cams might be another option.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

Thank you for you answer. I was expecting something like it.

There is another question you might know the answer to. I was looking into GoPro where you can use app to control multiple cameras, but the problem there is you can start and stop recording on all the cameras at the same time. Im looking for something where i could use the app to control the cameras individually. Any idea for a possibilities?

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You COULD create a glass plate upon which the lens is focused with an attached array of fiber optic lines which could lead to wherever you want the sensor is to be housed (with a corresponding receiving plate).
    But this would be.
    1. Waaayyy more expensive.
    2. More bulky.
    3. More complicated.
    Than just leaving the sensor where it has always been.

Kinda defeats the purpose of doing it that way, except under extreme circumstances (e.g. "no electronics" in a certain area).

Scott
    Quote Quote