VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I have my PC hooked up to my receiver via HDMI to watch movies on my big tv, but when using VLC player the video plays a bit choppy/jerky, usually noticeable when there's movement or panning onscreen. Just wondering if there's a much better option than this, which will play the files perfectly smooth, like you'd get on a Bluray player?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Details of your computer would help answering your question otherwise the information you have supplied requires a crystal ball to answer...
    PC or MAC
    Operating system - is it up to date
    Memory installed.
    Size of hard drive
    Videocard installed

Then " there's movement or panning onscreen." this could be your TV many TV's don't handle fast panning. Watch some motor racing or fast action movie from live TV and see if the same problem exists
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  3. 24 fps film is always jerky and flickery during high contrast panning shots.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mr. Computer Geek dannyboy48888's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Its its your vanilla windows PC try media player classic home cinema, always seemed to get smoother motion with it. It is also tweakable if you dont out the box.VLC is also just giving choices is all
    if all else fails read the manual
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yes, MPC-HC/BE are the best mkv players today.
    Quote Quote  
  6. PotPlayer - friend had a problem with VLC too and PotPlayer helped him. You can use also hardware acceleration.

BTW You can use the controls on one display (PC) and play video on second display (TV).
    Quote Quote